prom2
10-30 12:54 PM
Update:
My lawyer just received AP docs.
nviren: usually they go to lawyer address (as per other users).
Good luck.
My lawyer just received AP docs.
nviren: usually they go to lawyer address (as per other users).
Good luck.
wallpaper winter clothes Stock Photo
gc_rip
07-09 10:02 PM
Hi Ann,
Appreciate your help, and this is more than useful for me.
"To make sure that USCIS does not find that you have abandoned your
AOS application you should maintain the validity of your Advance
Parole if at all possible."
I have another related question.
1. As I mentioned, my AP is applied and expected to be renewed till Aug 2011. If I leave my current employer, according to the company policy the underlying I-140 will be withdrawn by the current employer. Would that invalidate my AP already approved, or would it be unaffected and I can safely travel back to USA till Aug 2011?
If I travel after a long delay of 8 months would can cause any issue on AP based entry?
2. To renew my AP beyond Aug 2011, can I just travel for a short time to USA in April 2011, and file the renewal? And later by Aug 2011 return back to USA and collect the new renewal?
Thanks,
Raj
Appreciate your help, and this is more than useful for me.
"To make sure that USCIS does not find that you have abandoned your
AOS application you should maintain the validity of your Advance
Parole if at all possible."
I have another related question.
1. As I mentioned, my AP is applied and expected to be renewed till Aug 2011. If I leave my current employer, according to the company policy the underlying I-140 will be withdrawn by the current employer. Would that invalidate my AP already approved, or would it be unaffected and I can safely travel back to USA till Aug 2011?
If I travel after a long delay of 8 months would can cause any issue on AP based entry?
2. To renew my AP beyond Aug 2011, can I just travel for a short time to USA in April 2011, and file the renewal? And later by Aug 2011 return back to USA and collect the new renewal?
Thanks,
Raj
seahawks
07-20 01:40 AM
[QUOTE=jack_suv]Hi all,
After reviewing many posts I wanted to summarize the pros and cons of filing i-485 when one is a bachelor or bachelorette, i.e. single.
purely comical...
Getting green card is freedom
Getting married means no freedom..
just kidding..I am married and loving every moment!
After reviewing many posts I wanted to summarize the pros and cons of filing i-485 when one is a bachelor or bachelorette, i.e. single.
purely comical...
Getting green card is freedom
Getting married means no freedom..
just kidding..I am married and loving every moment!
2011 Winter Clothes
drona
10-03 11:26 AM
gctoget, I have sent you an email.
paskal, thanks for your efforts to activate all state chapters. We really appreciate it.
paskal, thanks for your efforts to activate all state chapters. We really appreciate it.
more...
sanju
01-22 03:39 PM
Hello,
2 Alternatives as I see:
1) If I stay in same company, could I try to apply for Green Cards for my family (Green Card EB-2) myself being employed by this company on L1 Visa? What are my chances of succeeding then?
2) We are expecting a baby girl in March (who will be born American in Atlanta) and was wondering whether or not she could sponsored us (on our request being their parents and she would only be an infant), so that we could stay legally and request the Green Cards Family Based?
In both cases, if I apply myself for the Green Cards, I suppose I would no longer be tied to my company and free to look for a job elsewhere in Georgia or other state in USA?
If you apply in EB2 through your employer, you will be stuck with the same employer till the I-485 stage, that is when you will get EAD card, which would allow you to change employer under AC21 rule, but your new jobs must have the same job description.
The second option is more appealing, to wait till your US born child is 21 years, and then your child can apply for you in family based.
Either way it will take the same time :-), if you apply in Eb2 category now, it will take 20-25 years for your green card. If you wait for your daughter to get 21 years, then also it will take the same time.
Here is what Bill Gates said last year testifying to the congress -
"And so if you talk to a student who's in school today, going to graduate in June, they're seeing that they cannot apply until they get their degree, and by the time they get their degree, all those visas are gone. If somebody is here on an H1-B, if you're from India, say, with a bachelor's degree, the current backlog would have you wait decades before you could get a green card, and during that time your family can't work, there are limits in terms of how you can change your job. There was one calculation done that the fastest way you'd get a green card is to have a child who becomes a United States citizen, and then your child sponsors you to become a U.S. citizen, and that's because there's more than 21 years in some of these backlogs."
Source: http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/exec/billg/speeches/2007/03-07Senate.mspx
Welcome to the club buddy, we are going to be in these forums to long many years.
2 Alternatives as I see:
1) If I stay in same company, could I try to apply for Green Cards for my family (Green Card EB-2) myself being employed by this company on L1 Visa? What are my chances of succeeding then?
2) We are expecting a baby girl in March (who will be born American in Atlanta) and was wondering whether or not she could sponsored us (on our request being their parents and she would only be an infant), so that we could stay legally and request the Green Cards Family Based?
In both cases, if I apply myself for the Green Cards, I suppose I would no longer be tied to my company and free to look for a job elsewhere in Georgia or other state in USA?
If you apply in EB2 through your employer, you will be stuck with the same employer till the I-485 stage, that is when you will get EAD card, which would allow you to change employer under AC21 rule, but your new jobs must have the same job description.
The second option is more appealing, to wait till your US born child is 21 years, and then your child can apply for you in family based.
Either way it will take the same time :-), if you apply in Eb2 category now, it will take 20-25 years for your green card. If you wait for your daughter to get 21 years, then also it will take the same time.
Here is what Bill Gates said last year testifying to the congress -
"And so if you talk to a student who's in school today, going to graduate in June, they're seeing that they cannot apply until they get their degree, and by the time they get their degree, all those visas are gone. If somebody is here on an H1-B, if you're from India, say, with a bachelor's degree, the current backlog would have you wait decades before you could get a green card, and during that time your family can't work, there are limits in terms of how you can change your job. There was one calculation done that the fastest way you'd get a green card is to have a child who becomes a United States citizen, and then your child sponsors you to become a U.S. citizen, and that's because there's more than 21 years in some of these backlogs."
Source: http://www.microsoft.com/Presspass/exec/billg/speeches/2007/03-07Senate.mspx
Welcome to the club buddy, we are going to be in these forums to long many years.
kerstbrd
07-04 06:16 PM
I am from Bosnia, so yes I guess it's ROW (rest of the world).
I whish you all the best resolution of this crisis. Trully. I really feel your pain and the pain of many of my friends who are affected by this.
I know when I first came on this site, it was devastating to read about so much negative stuff, so many cases in a limbo for years. I wanted to read som positive stories too. So, I hope that cases like mine give some people hope.
Thanks for the positive update.
I whish you all the best resolution of this crisis. Trully. I really feel your pain and the pain of many of my friends who are affected by this.
I know when I first came on this site, it was devastating to read about so much negative stuff, so many cases in a limbo for years. I wanted to read som positive stories too. So, I hope that cases like mine give some people hope.
Thanks for the positive update.
more...
anzerraja
07-20 03:16 AM
Lately the members of IV have come to know that Aman Kapoor, the co-founder of IV has sold his house and spent around $64000/- towards the administrative costs of IV. This too was brought to our attention from a regular member like you and me, without which this would not have come to our knowledge at all.
So some of the members have taken an initiative to reimburse Aman and other core IV team members with the expenses they have incurred so far towards the administrative costs of IV. Note that the time they have spent and the sufferings cannot be compensated. Let us do the least by atleast compensating the money. Please do not donate directly to IV funds.
There is a funding drive in this other thread towards reimbursing the administrative costs of IV.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10708
Could you please pledge an amount ?
So some of the members have taken an initiative to reimburse Aman and other core IV team members with the expenses they have incurred so far towards the administrative costs of IV. Note that the time they have spent and the sufferings cannot be compensated. Let us do the least by atleast compensating the money. Please do not donate directly to IV funds.
There is a funding drive in this other thread towards reimbursing the administrative costs of IV.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10708
Could you please pledge an amount ?
2010 Clothes, Winter clothes
kgwithnogc
05-08 01:48 PM
One of China'a growth/export strategy is (and was) always to attract Chineese enterprenuers who settled in the west, so that they can bring technology and market(links).
Now they want all the other chineese to come back, as it is more of country's requirement of quality work force of their own, it seems.
US will loose the edge slowly, if they don't act quickly in not only in retaining talented immigrants and need to do "lot" other things.
That is why it is called "Mother Land".
But in this story it looks like the locals are a little bit suspicious of returnees.
"Starting a company isn't an option for most of the 20-something haigui. Some end up unemployed and are known as haidai, "seaweed"." :(
Now they want all the other chineese to come back, as it is more of country's requirement of quality work force of their own, it seems.
US will loose the edge slowly, if they don't act quickly in not only in retaining talented immigrants and need to do "lot" other things.
That is why it is called "Mother Land".
But in this story it looks like the locals are a little bit suspicious of returnees.
"Starting a company isn't an option for most of the 20-something haigui. Some end up unemployed and are known as haidai, "seaweed"." :(
more...
ak27
02-10 10:04 PM
It depends. Today, it does not matter whether you are EB2 or EB3 as both will remain retrogressed for long time unless Congress does something. You should look for right work and good employer. If your employer does not allow you to talk to Attorney directly then there is some ulterior motive. Since you have sometime to decide, analyze your career goals before deciding on EB2 or EB3. You should eligible for Eb2 by default because of your education unless your current job does not need one..
hair Clothes, Winter clothes
deecha
06-17 12:49 PM
It is not illegal to sell applications. It is illegal to work without authorization. Please note the semantics and the technicality.
If you create an app for the iPhone, you should be able to put it on the apple store and derive income from it, as long as you have not worked for someone (or yourself) deriving compensation financially, without authorization.
In short ... go ahead and do it. As sac-r-ten says go ahead and live your dream .. develop your apps, create wealth and dont worry about stupid man-made rules to encumber people ... :-)
PS : Please recommend a good objective - C / Cocoa book for Mac/iPhone programming..
If you create an app for the iPhone, you should be able to put it on the apple store and derive income from it, as long as you have not worked for someone (or yourself) deriving compensation financially, without authorization.
In short ... go ahead and do it. As sac-r-ten says go ahead and live your dream .. develop your apps, create wealth and dont worry about stupid man-made rules to encumber people ... :-)
PS : Please recommend a good objective - C / Cocoa book for Mac/iPhone programming..
more...
gc_kaavaali
10-28 12:36 PM
I wish you and your family a happy deewaali....
hot 2011 winter clothes
hsingh82
02-24 04:14 PM
With all due respect, why don�t you want to update your information? As others said that this info will help us to know where we stand as a group. All of us knows we need this forum to bring new people on board with us and only way is to get them here is help them when they have difficulty but other side of coin is we need ways fund our movement to move forward .If you have better idea or thoughts just toss it here our seniors will look in that.
Please read my posts carefully, there are no dates as I am on H1B, NO PERM Filed, NO I-140 mail date, NO I-485.
Please read my posts carefully, there are no dates as I am on H1B, NO PERM Filed, NO I-140 mail date, NO I-485.
more...
house wearing winter clothes in
mariner5555
05-15 04:53 PM
The reason for my saying so....this election is different from others. Very tight race and either party do not want to pass any bill that would negatively affect the results.
Our problem is the least of the problems the country is facing right now.
They would pass bill which would stimuate economy not help EB3 folks(who already have EADs) to get GC and make them sleep easily.
So let us be patient. Even if we get GCs...it is not useful for either parties....because we cannot vote.
Secondly, GOVT would lose EAD renewal, AP revenue etc.
So let us get out the illusion that our bills would be passed....it is not going to help the ailing economy. It might help lawyers to earn some good bucks.
my understanding of the US system is this ..a law passes in 2 scenarios ..one is if there is a great need due to urgent issues (example homeland security etc) and the second one is lobbying ..which takes place behind the scenes
(for e.g. nurse lobbyists, university lobbyists - increase of student OPT, oil companies, home builders, tech lobbyists etc etc)
earlier tech lobby was responsible for passage of most immi bills ..but nowadays they have more flexibility and hence they maynot be supporting much in terms of money. (because they simply outsource or they use company to company transfers).
so the only hope is for a new group of lobbyists to come in the picture and the only one that I can think of is the realtors / home builders etc. (for our benefit)
ofcourse the problem for us is that homebuilders / realtors are lobbying for passage of tax credits for new buyers etc (and hence you can see the speed at which housing bill is cruising) ..now if someone were to make a link between immi and housing ..then who knows something could happen
Our problem is the least of the problems the country is facing right now.
They would pass bill which would stimuate economy not help EB3 folks(who already have EADs) to get GC and make them sleep easily.
So let us be patient. Even if we get GCs...it is not useful for either parties....because we cannot vote.
Secondly, GOVT would lose EAD renewal, AP revenue etc.
So let us get out the illusion that our bills would be passed....it is not going to help the ailing economy. It might help lawyers to earn some good bucks.
my understanding of the US system is this ..a law passes in 2 scenarios ..one is if there is a great need due to urgent issues (example homeland security etc) and the second one is lobbying ..which takes place behind the scenes
(for e.g. nurse lobbyists, university lobbyists - increase of student OPT, oil companies, home builders, tech lobbyists etc etc)
earlier tech lobby was responsible for passage of most immi bills ..but nowadays they have more flexibility and hence they maynot be supporting much in terms of money. (because they simply outsource or they use company to company transfers).
so the only hope is for a new group of lobbyists to come in the picture and the only one that I can think of is the realtors / home builders etc. (for our benefit)
ofcourse the problem for us is that homebuilders / realtors are lobbying for passage of tax credits for new buyers etc (and hence you can see the speed at which housing bill is cruising) ..now if someone were to make a link between immi and housing ..then who knows something could happen
tattoo people in winter clothes,
xlr8r
09-15 02:58 PM
This is bizarre stuff.
It says that NSC I-140 processing date for EB2 is March 13, 2008. Since when did they become so efficient to jump from July 6th, 2007 to March 2008? I guess they mistakenly typed 2008 instead of 2007?
Those lazy bums had better get ready for an onslaught of Service Requests. :)
It says that NSC I-140 processing date for EB2 is March 13, 2008. Since when did they become so efficient to jump from July 6th, 2007 to March 2008? I guess they mistakenly typed 2008 instead of 2007?
Those lazy bums had better get ready for an onslaught of Service Requests. :)
more...
pictures Children#39;s winter clothes for
chanduv23
07-08 06:10 PM
I am in New York, if any other New York members want to register, we can do it on the July 14th NYC drive.
dresses winter clothes,
WeShallOvercome
07-24 07:26 PM
Hello,
I have an unfortunate situation. My parents names are misspelled in the Birth certificate compared to the Passport parents name page. Do we need to submit the parents names page of the passport when we submit our documents for 485 ?? Please let me know if this will be a problem and if there is a work around for this ??
Also if I have a Birth certificate (with my actual full name - dated in 2007 though), do I need to submit the affidavits ??
Thanks
You should be fine... at the most an RFE to clarify the confusion...
I have an unfortunate situation. My parents names are misspelled in the Birth certificate compared to the Passport parents name page. Do we need to submit the parents names page of the passport when we submit our documents for 485 ?? Please let me know if this will be a problem and if there is a work around for this ??
Also if I have a Birth certificate (with my actual full name - dated in 2007 though), do I need to submit the affidavits ??
Thanks
You should be fine... at the most an RFE to clarify the confusion...
more...
makeup winter clothes ice skating
sk8er
04-14 04:00 AM
Hi,
I am trying to find a job under the "new H1-B quota" after leaving the H1-B status last year even though I did NOT exhaust my initial 6 year quota.
So, can you
1. enter the US on B2 for a job search from June 2011 - September 2011
2. leave the US on September 29, 2011 ( right before October 1, 2011 ) with a new H1-B quota I-797
3. get an new H1 stamped outside under the new quota with a September 20 - October 7 , 2011 consular appointment date
4. enter the US for the job right after getting the visa stamped on let us say on October 15, 2011
and not raise any of the following red flags :
1. Why is this person applying for a new H1-B visa right after returning from a B2 after such a long stay ?
2. Did he complete 365 days outside the US since I had a previous 6 year H1-B. I would have done 365 days outside the US by June 2011 before re-entering on B2
3. want to be a little careful since between June 2010 - June 2011 I have made a few 3-4 days trips to the US on B2 already throughout that time ? Does this hurt anything ? Would the consulate for stamping care about this or the USCIS or both ? Are the 365 days supposed to be continuous ?
4. I dont want to change status from B2 to H1-B since people say this is very risky. Any comments ?
5. Would the consulate cancel my B2 visa after stamping H1-B ?
Please advise on where I should give gaps in my timeline or would cutting it so close work ?
I am trying to find a job under the "new H1-B quota" after leaving the H1-B status last year even though I did NOT exhaust my initial 6 year quota.
So, can you
1. enter the US on B2 for a job search from June 2011 - September 2011
2. leave the US on September 29, 2011 ( right before October 1, 2011 ) with a new H1-B quota I-797
3. get an new H1 stamped outside under the new quota with a September 20 - October 7 , 2011 consular appointment date
4. enter the US for the job right after getting the visa stamped on let us say on October 15, 2011
and not raise any of the following red flags :
1. Why is this person applying for a new H1-B visa right after returning from a B2 after such a long stay ?
2. Did he complete 365 days outside the US since I had a previous 6 year H1-B. I would have done 365 days outside the US by June 2011 before re-entering on B2
3. want to be a little careful since between June 2010 - June 2011 I have made a few 3-4 days trips to the US on B2 already throughout that time ? Does this hurt anything ? Would the consulate for stamping care about this or the USCIS or both ? Are the 365 days supposed to be continuous ?
4. I dont want to change status from B2 to H1-B since people say this is very risky. Any comments ?
5. Would the consulate cancel my B2 visa after stamping H1-B ?
Please advise on where I should give gaps in my timeline or would cutting it so close work ?
girlfriend winter clothes,
pappu
06-07 01:40 PM
can't make it to DC, made a contribution.
Transaction ID: 94R50453J99520901
Good Luck !!!
Thanks
Transaction ID: 94R50453J99520901
Good Luck !!!
Thanks
hairstyles indoors in winter clothes
chi_shark
06-29 07:42 PM
As per H1B you cannot do this.. the second job will be illegal
you can do it... you have to file an addtional H1... its just like the regular h1 except it is for part-time work... dont know any further specifics...
you can do it... you have to file an addtional H1... its just like the regular h1 except it is for part-time work... dont know any further specifics...
lostinbeta
10-21 02:31 AM
Damm skippy :beam:
::: ok, I suggest we stop spamming now :) :::
::: ok, I suggest we stop spamming now :) :::
makemygc
08-03 10:43 PM
Go to Home page and click on Press Room. You can see updates for Aug, July.
What do you think..I would not have done that before posting that:)
I still don't see it...hope its not my cache issue. Will clear it and try again.
What do you think..I would not have done that before posting that:)
I still don't see it...hope its not my cache issue. Will clear it and try again.