fromnaija
12-16 12:08 PM
I got it correct yesterday .
Thanks for the advice.
For the sake of others who may search this forum in future, could you tell how you got it corrected? Thanks!
Thanks for the advice.
For the sake of others who may search this forum in future, could you tell how you got it corrected? Thanks!
wallpaper Broken heart by ~fabu on
insbaby
09-15 04:25 PM
Any ideas? (My wife and son are in india now).
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
for couple of days you can try walk on your hands...
Anyway, I will support IV wholeheartedly going forward. Of course, I got benefitted from it. I am a long timer, 2001, EB3.
for couple of days you can try walk on your hands...
xbohdpukc
09-25 11:59 AM
The Immigration Nationality Act does not say specifically that h4 time is added towards h1 time. It is the way laws interpreted by uscis that states h4 time counted towards H1. USCIS can change their interpretation by merely issuing a memo.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=454&page=3
see this thread.
Maybe it is a good idea to contact the Ombudsman about this issue.
I'm not a lawyer, but my assumption would be that this is cannot be changed by an USCIS memo. Why? Because H4 is simply a derivative status which means that it obeys all the rules pertinent to the primary beneficiary's status plus additional restrictions imposed to the particular classification by law. H status is restricted to 6 year continuous presence in the US.
It would be helpful to find the definition of a derivative status; INA does not provide such definition, but I'm sure they wouldn't be using these words loosely without a proper definition.
So my guess would be is that the answer to the question of "decoupling" H4 and H1b time will boil down to the answer to another question: what really defines a derivative status.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=454&page=3
see this thread.
Maybe it is a good idea to contact the Ombudsman about this issue.
I'm not a lawyer, but my assumption would be that this is cannot be changed by an USCIS memo. Why? Because H4 is simply a derivative status which means that it obeys all the rules pertinent to the primary beneficiary's status plus additional restrictions imposed to the particular classification by law. H status is restricted to 6 year continuous presence in the US.
It would be helpful to find the definition of a derivative status; INA does not provide such definition, but I'm sure they wouldn't be using these words loosely without a proper definition.
So my guess would be is that the answer to the question of "decoupling" H4 and H1b time will boil down to the answer to another question: what really defines a derivative status.
2011 My heart

FinalGC
11-09 08:54 AM
Munna Bhai:
You better get your 140 applied ASAP and hope that you get your approval before March 2007. Then you can apply for H1 for 3 years. I was in a similar boat and I got my 140 about 1.5 months before my H1 was expiring (8th year). I then used Premium Processing and got H1 in 4 days.
It will be tough call if you can get a 1 year renewal...check with your lawyers
Get moving fast man
You better get your 140 applied ASAP and hope that you get your approval before March 2007. Then you can apply for H1 for 3 years. I was in a similar boat and I got my 140 about 1.5 months before my H1 was expiring (8th year). I then used Premium Processing and got H1 in 4 days.
It will be tough call if you can get a 1 year renewal...check with your lawyers
Get moving fast man
more...

Jerrome
05-21 12:41 PM
I have received RFE for my spouse, I have not received the details yet, but need to clarify the following(i am in touch with my attorney also).
We applied for her H1 in 2007 April, it got approved on September 2007.
We also applied 485 in July 2007 so she did not join the H1b Company on September 2007.
We applied COS to H4 on February 2008 but she started working on EAD from March 2008 onwards, she is still working on EAD.
Her H4 approved on November 2008(but i was no more in H1).
I think my wife's status is AOS from July 2007 onwards is that correct? Or is this a problem.
We applied for her H1 in 2007 April, it got approved on September 2007.
We also applied 485 in July 2007 so she did not join the H1b Company on September 2007.
We applied COS to H4 on February 2008 but she started working on EAD from March 2008 onwards, she is still working on EAD.
Her H4 approved on November 2008(but i was no more in H1).
I think my wife's status is AOS from July 2007 onwards is that correct? Or is this a problem.

qualified_trash
07-10 11:31 AM
she has to get a new H1 and will count against the cap so she has to wait. also time spent on h4 will count towards 6 year total.
more...
braindrain
09-02 11:45 PM
I am planning to sponsor visitors visa for my parents and and based on the available documentation I need to submit my birth certificate as part of the required docs.
My parents name in the their passport is not exactly the same as in my birth certificate. The last name is good and the issue is with the first and middle names not being exactly the same. Will this be an issue when they go for VISA. Should I get the names corrected in my parents passport before applying for VISA.
If we need to correct the names in the passport in India, does anyone have an idea of the process and how long it might take.
Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.
My parents name in the their passport is not exactly the same as in my birth certificate. The last name is good and the issue is with the first and middle names not being exactly the same. Will this be an issue when they go for VISA. Should I get the names corrected in my parents passport before applying for VISA.
If we need to correct the names in the passport in India, does anyone have an idea of the process and how long it might take.
Any advice/help is greatly appreciated.
2010 roken heart poems for boys
bbct
02-11 08:05 PM
http://www.thedegreepeople.com/eb-petition.html
So go ahead on sign in the petition. Dont know how far it goes but atleast it does something good.
I get a message "Remote submissions are not allowed."
So go ahead on sign in the petition. Dont know how far it goes but atleast it does something good.
I get a message "Remote submissions are not allowed."
more...
StuckInTheMuck
08-07 10:47 AM
I filed mine, and my wife's, July 2 ('07) without medical, got status alert "RFE notice sent" Aug 4, guessing medical (have doc appointment tomorrow).
hair HEART IMAGES LOVE
Soltan
11-16 05:08 PM
Oh wow, I have a similar situation like yours. Who is your employer, send me a pm. I am in the process of converting it to Premium.
I have talked to an immigration attorney and confirmed that it surely can be converted to PP. Good luck to you. If you go to other forums, I have seen a similar discussion, check it out there as well.
I have talked to an immigration attorney and confirmed that it surely can be converted to PP. Good luck to you. If you go to other forums, I have seen a similar discussion, check it out there as well.
more...
abhi_jais
01-27 08:58 AM
Guys,
Don't loose hope, we have got nothing to loose but in case we win, we will help the entire community to achieve their dreams. I guess we should do our part and leave the rest on the senators. Lets get together again and convince our senators to pass this bill, hopefully we can get it done this time.
--Abhi
Don't loose hope, we have got nothing to loose but in case we win, we will help the entire community to achieve their dreams. I guess we should do our part and leave the rest on the senators. Lets get together again and convince our senators to pass this bill, hopefully we can get it done this time.
--Abhi
hot quotes about roken heart and
Nil
07-03 11:40 AM
Can we have a conservative idea of the net worth of all folks in the queue.
It can be a compelling arguement on how much folks have built from SCRATCH in this country.
It can be a compelling arguement on how much folks have built from SCRATCH in this country.
more...
house Broken+heart+pictures+love
santb1975
07-17 05:57 PM
I thought contribution to IV would be a better Idea than flowers, sweets etc. A thankyou card in additon to contribution is even better :-)
tattoo Broken heart for sale.
martinvisalaw
03-24 01:45 PM
Does this mean that if my salary is higher than the "prevailing wage" by more than $320, the employer can legally ask me to reimburse the $320 filing fee? I have searched very hard but could not find any memo/doc regarding this.
Possibly, see here: Law Office of Elaine Martin - immigration news: H-1B fees (http://martinvisalaw.blogspot.com/search/label/H-1B%20fees).
You must also look at the "actual wage."
Possibly, see here: Law Office of Elaine Martin - immigration news: H-1B fees (http://martinvisalaw.blogspot.com/search/label/H-1B%20fees).
You must also look at the "actual wage."
more...
pictures hands holding roken heart
kondur_007
03-25 08:31 PM
Got some answers for you (they are in red below).
good luck.
My case details below:
EB3 INDIA
PD of Jul 2004.
I am still working for same GC sponsoring employer since last 5 years. I still perform the same job title/job duties as mentioned in labor.
My employer had mentioned a salary of 87,000$ in my labor.
My 485 was filed way back in Sep 2004.
My 140 was approved way back in Nov 2004.
I have had 2 FPs done and 1 RFE replied to about 2 years ago. RFE was for EVL & TB Skin test.
2004 W2 � shows 74,000$/yr (Less than the salary mentioned in approved labor which is 87,000$)
2005 W2 � shows 57,000$/yr
2006 W2 � shows 50,000$/yr
2007 W2 � shows 58,000$/yr
2008 W2 � shows 67,000$/yr
Never changed employers nor job titles.
My concerns and questions below:
Q1) Will my 485 approval be affected due to the W2�s as mentioned above showing less way less salary than mentioned in the labor. I still work for same employer with same job duties/title as mentioned in labor.
This may generate an RFE. There is a question on I 140 that asks "is the beneficiary currently employed at the proposed job?" and if that was marked "yes" in original I 140 petetion, USCIS can raise the question about the salary.
Q2) Am I safe because GC is intended for future job offer? If there is any issue with me getting less salary all these years than my labor petition then can my employer say the 87,000$/yr salary is after 485 approval? Will this suffice? Or am I in jeopardy here?
Depends on what I answered for Q1: if that question was asnwered "yes", USCIS can ask the employer abou the explanation.
Q3) With my EB3-India Jul 2004 PD how much more long do you think I need to wait to see a 485 approval? My FBI name checks are cleared.
Sorry boss....Can't answer this! God only knows. Or may be even God does not know!!
Q4) With June 2004 PD/EB3 India do you advise me at this stage after 5 years to switch to CP?
I do not see advantage of doint it. Also you will loose benefits of EAD and AP (in case you change employer or run out of H visa). I personally would not recommend it but there can be a difference of opinion.
Q5) Would you advise me to start a brand new EB2 India labor and 140 considering my retrogressed eb3 India category and dates?
That may not be a bad idea. Especially if you can do with a different employer, there is no disadvantage of doing it and it may eventually bring your GC earlier. EB3 India (at current pace) is going no where till all EB2 are current and EB3 row is current and overflows.
Q6) I have been on bench for about 3 times (periods of 2 to 3 months) in the last several years witout pay. But I have always had EAD but never used EAD as I had H1B from same GC sponsoring employer. But I always got paid every year more than the prevailing LCA wage for my geographical location? Will this affect my GC?
This is the most complicated question. as such, you were out of status (if you are on H1 and on bench) during the bench period. If you ware on EAD (not on H1), you were absolutely fine. Also it will depend on whether it was after the filing of 485 or before. total duration of out of status (less or more than 180 days for 245(k) protection) etc. On this issue, I would highly recommend to ask a competent lawyer and straighten it up.
Thanks.
good luck.
My case details below:
EB3 INDIA
PD of Jul 2004.
I am still working for same GC sponsoring employer since last 5 years. I still perform the same job title/job duties as mentioned in labor.
My employer had mentioned a salary of 87,000$ in my labor.
My 485 was filed way back in Sep 2004.
My 140 was approved way back in Nov 2004.
I have had 2 FPs done and 1 RFE replied to about 2 years ago. RFE was for EVL & TB Skin test.
2004 W2 � shows 74,000$/yr (Less than the salary mentioned in approved labor which is 87,000$)
2005 W2 � shows 57,000$/yr
2006 W2 � shows 50,000$/yr
2007 W2 � shows 58,000$/yr
2008 W2 � shows 67,000$/yr
Never changed employers nor job titles.
My concerns and questions below:
Q1) Will my 485 approval be affected due to the W2�s as mentioned above showing less way less salary than mentioned in the labor. I still work for same employer with same job duties/title as mentioned in labor.
This may generate an RFE. There is a question on I 140 that asks "is the beneficiary currently employed at the proposed job?" and if that was marked "yes" in original I 140 petetion, USCIS can raise the question about the salary.
Q2) Am I safe because GC is intended for future job offer? If there is any issue with me getting less salary all these years than my labor petition then can my employer say the 87,000$/yr salary is after 485 approval? Will this suffice? Or am I in jeopardy here?
Depends on what I answered for Q1: if that question was asnwered "yes", USCIS can ask the employer abou the explanation.
Q3) With my EB3-India Jul 2004 PD how much more long do you think I need to wait to see a 485 approval? My FBI name checks are cleared.
Sorry boss....Can't answer this! God only knows. Or may be even God does not know!!
Q4) With June 2004 PD/EB3 India do you advise me at this stage after 5 years to switch to CP?
I do not see advantage of doint it. Also you will loose benefits of EAD and AP (in case you change employer or run out of H visa). I personally would not recommend it but there can be a difference of opinion.
Q5) Would you advise me to start a brand new EB2 India labor and 140 considering my retrogressed eb3 India category and dates?
That may not be a bad idea. Especially if you can do with a different employer, there is no disadvantage of doing it and it may eventually bring your GC earlier. EB3 India (at current pace) is going no where till all EB2 are current and EB3 row is current and overflows.
Q6) I have been on bench for about 3 times (periods of 2 to 3 months) in the last several years witout pay. But I have always had EAD but never used EAD as I had H1B from same GC sponsoring employer. But I always got paid every year more than the prevailing LCA wage for my geographical location? Will this affect my GC?
This is the most complicated question. as such, you were out of status (if you are on H1 and on bench) during the bench period. If you ware on EAD (not on H1), you were absolutely fine. Also it will depend on whether it was after the filing of 485 or before. total duration of out of status (less or more than 180 days for 245(k) protection) etc. On this issue, I would highly recommend to ask a competent lawyer and straighten it up.
Thanks.
dresses How to heal a roken heart by
ujjwal_p
08-21 03:45 PM
check out r2iclubforums.com . your questions regarding r2i and some which you haven't even thought about (but should) are answered there. all the best.
more...
makeup Broken Heart

kirupa
01-04 12:10 PM
SirDuke - unless it is a library that comes as a part of a Flash install, then no.
:)
:)
girlfriend Broken Heart Ring
aray
09-16 02:48 PM
There is no risk. I recently traveled and came back on AP and I changed jobs and no longer work with sponsoring employer.
There is always a nut case if you are not lucky and will probably cause some grief, but will not stop you from entering US.
surabhi,
At the Port of Entry, were you asked if you are still working for the GC sponsoring employer? Did you have to show any documentation from new employer?
I am planning to travel to India in December on AP. I recently changed jobs.
Thanks in advance.
There is always a nut case if you are not lucky and will probably cause some grief, but will not stop you from entering US.
surabhi,
At the Port of Entry, were you asked if you are still working for the GC sponsoring employer? Did you have to show any documentation from new employer?
I am planning to travel to India in December on AP. I recently changed jobs.
Thanks in advance.
hairstyles Broken Love - roken heart,
aj_jadeja
02-07 06:32 PM
waht is ur origination airport ?
and AMD means Ahmedabad ? or amsterdam ?
and AMD means Ahmedabad ? or amsterdam ?
dixie
07-18 06:28 PM
I have a few questions and much thanks for those who answer.
1. I have had a H1-B in 2002, but I did not get a stamping. I quit my job and went back to school. I'm out of school now, do not have an OPT (second masters) and worried about the cap.
I heard that people who have held H1-B's in the past do not come under the cap. Is this true?
2. A company is interested in hiring me but only in the muiddle of August (they want to conduct a few more interviews). The cap would most likely be reached by then. Do I have any other options?
Thanks,
Much worried.
No, only contiguous H1-B renewals(after 3 years or yearly extensions after 6 years) are exempted from the cap. If you go back to school and apply for a fresh H1, then it is very much counted against the cap. Apart from falling back to H4 or F2(if you are married and your spouse is on H1/F1), i dont see too many options if you cannot get one of the masters quota H1. BTW, if you dont have an OPT and are out of school, then how are you still here ?
1. I have had a H1-B in 2002, but I did not get a stamping. I quit my job and went back to school. I'm out of school now, do not have an OPT (second masters) and worried about the cap.
I heard that people who have held H1-B's in the past do not come under the cap. Is this true?
2. A company is interested in hiring me but only in the muiddle of August (they want to conduct a few more interviews). The cap would most likely be reached by then. Do I have any other options?
Thanks,
Much worried.
No, only contiguous H1-B renewals(after 3 years or yearly extensions after 6 years) are exempted from the cap. If you go back to school and apply for a fresh H1, then it is very much counted against the cap. Apart from falling back to H4 or F2(if you are married and your spouse is on H1/F1), i dont see too many options if you cannot get one of the masters quota H1. BTW, if you dont have an OPT and are out of school, then how are you still here ?
gapala
05-14 10:21 PM
Technically you will be considered a Bachelors in US + 3 yrs Experience = Masters Equivallent = EB2.
You should be a safe - EB2.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, pls. consult a immigration attorney for advice.
arc buddy, Is this your guess work OR based on any documentary evidence? I have never heard anythink like that before.. 3 years BCom+ 2 years Masters + 10 years Exp ===> 4 years US Degree + 3 Years Exp ===> US Masters equivalent ????:confused:
could you please provide any links or equivalency guidelines from DOL or CIS or any agency for what you posted above. That will help members like me to understand this little better..
Thanks in advance.
I believe EB2 eligibility depends on the Job requirements and wording in LC for equivalency. Looking at the eligibility requirements.. there are 3 ways to classify as EB2.
1)US Advance Degree (Masters) OR Equivalent
2) US Bachelors or Equivalent + 5 Years of progressive experience.
3) Three out of 4 below need to be provided to classify under Exceptional ability
---- a) Letters documenting at least ten years of full-time experience in the occupation being sought;
---- b) A license to practice the profession or certification for a particular profession or occupation;
---- c) Evidence that the alien has commanded a salary or other remuneration for services which demonstrates exceptional ability;
---- d) Membership in professional associations;
---- e) Recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the industry or field by peers, government entities, professional or business organizations.
You should be a safe - EB2.
Disclaimer: I am not an attorney, pls. consult a immigration attorney for advice.
arc buddy, Is this your guess work OR based on any documentary evidence? I have never heard anythink like that before.. 3 years BCom+ 2 years Masters + 10 years Exp ===> 4 years US Degree + 3 Years Exp ===> US Masters equivalent ????:confused:
could you please provide any links or equivalency guidelines from DOL or CIS or any agency for what you posted above. That will help members like me to understand this little better..
Thanks in advance.
I believe EB2 eligibility depends on the Job requirements and wording in LC for equivalency. Looking at the eligibility requirements.. there are 3 ways to classify as EB2.
1)US Advance Degree (Masters) OR Equivalent
2) US Bachelors or Equivalent + 5 Years of progressive experience.
3) Three out of 4 below need to be provided to classify under Exceptional ability
---- a) Letters documenting at least ten years of full-time experience in the occupation being sought;
---- b) A license to practice the profession or certification for a particular profession or occupation;
---- c) Evidence that the alien has commanded a salary or other remuneration for services which demonstrates exceptional ability;
---- d) Membership in professional associations;
---- e) Recognition for achievements and significant contributions to the industry or field by peers, government entities, professional or business organizations.