snathan
05-23 03:44 PM
I am on H1 since 2005 and renewed last year and it is valid till april 2010.
Last year i joined directly to the client and they are processing my GC.
When they hired me they gave me list of projects and future plans for more then 5 years but this work is not IT driven and manufacutring in having late back attitude so my fear is if there are not projects in the future i may loose the job then at that point i will have very little time to get my labour approves abd re start the process...
So as back up i want to have a labour approve based on future employment and if possible have 140 processed.
guide me if this is not the correct thing to do...
regards
I guess you can have two GC process. but only at the time of 485, you need to decide which one to go. But I am not very sure about this.
Last year i joined directly to the client and they are processing my GC.
When they hired me they gave me list of projects and future plans for more then 5 years but this work is not IT driven and manufacutring in having late back attitude so my fear is if there are not projects in the future i may loose the job then at that point i will have very little time to get my labour approves abd re start the process...
So as back up i want to have a labour approve based on future employment and if possible have 140 processed.
guide me if this is not the correct thing to do...
regards
I guess you can have two GC process. but only at the time of 485, you need to decide which one to go. But I am not very sure about this.
abhishek101
05-21 12:42 AM
Can you please let me know which service center (Texas or Nebraska) processed yours and your wife's I485 application.
If you don't mind can you please let me know how long it took to receive I-485 receipt notice and Finger print notice (for your wife).
My situation is
Priority date is 08/01/06 (EB2). Becoming current on June 1st 2011. Need to add my wife as dependent to my green card process (she is in US in H4 status now). Texas Service Center is processing my I-485.
Filed at : Nebraska Service Center
For Wife
Filed 485 on March 10, Finger printing May 6th, GC Approved May 9th, GC received May 13th
My Wife was on EAD/OPT based on her student visa (and not on H4)
If you don't mind can you please let me know how long it took to receive I-485 receipt notice and Finger print notice (for your wife).
My situation is
Priority date is 08/01/06 (EB2). Becoming current on June 1st 2011. Need to add my wife as dependent to my green card process (she is in US in H4 status now). Texas Service Center is processing my I-485.
Filed at : Nebraska Service Center
For Wife
Filed 485 on March 10, Finger printing May 6th, GC Approved May 9th, GC received May 13th
My Wife was on EAD/OPT based on her student visa (and not on H4)
mdcowboy
10-04 02:10 PM
Is it advisable to put in a big % of your income into the retirement account. There seems to be a nearly 30% early withdrawal loss if you ever were to pull money early out of that prior to 60 years of age. So basically your own money will be lost.
Any ideas on this issue? It is not that I am planning to withdraw early but just for information purpose.
I contribute no more than 10% of my pay towards my 401K. I would not contribute more than this because I don't intend to stay here for a very long time. Also, I would be happy to put my money in savings with a decent return and stocks rather than my retirement fund.
I am not sure about this but I guess if you plan to return back..you just have to pay the taxes and not the penalty? You need to get this verified.
Any ideas on this issue? It is not that I am planning to withdraw early but just for information purpose.
I contribute no more than 10% of my pay towards my 401K. I would not contribute more than this because I don't intend to stay here for a very long time. Also, I would be happy to put my money in savings with a decent return and stocks rather than my retirement fund.
I am not sure about this but I guess if you plan to return back..you just have to pay the taxes and not the penalty? You need to get this verified.
Desertfox
07-24 06:32 PM
Deleted...
more...
gcdreamer05
08-11 11:26 AM
Guys,
We have to come up with some numbers so we can plan our life ahead. Please vote only if your Application is pending. This is not for EB3-I who are already approved.
Thanks.
It is so pathetic to see ppl with 2001 PD have still not got GC in EB3, then what will happen to people like me who are in 2005 PD Eb3 :confused:
We have to come up with some numbers so we can plan our life ahead. Please vote only if your Application is pending. This is not for EB3-I who are already approved.
Thanks.
It is so pathetic to see ppl with 2001 PD have still not got GC in EB3, then what will happen to people like me who are in 2005 PD Eb3 :confused:
conchshell
07-30 12:04 PM
Paper based filing on July 2nd 2008 (NSC)
Got filing receipt on July 19th 2008
Today I got the CRIS appproval email for my EAD application. However, the EAD application for my spouse still shows pending. We both filed together (paper filing). Is this normal, has someone seen this type of situation before? Do I need to contact USCIS to remind them about the other EAD application?
Got filing receipt on July 19th 2008
Today I got the CRIS appproval email for my EAD application. However, the EAD application for my spouse still shows pending. We both filed together (paper filing). Is this normal, has someone seen this type of situation before? Do I need to contact USCIS to remind them about the other EAD application?
more...
wandmaker
12-19 01:23 AM
Is it true it is must to use EAD to invoke AC 21? I am not sure but people said I cannot use H1 but EAD to invoke Ac 21........
if you invoke AC21 means you have to use EAD not H1B......
AC21: You are letting USCIS know that you will not be working for GC sponsoring employer as you have found a new similar/same job with some one else.
EAD/H1B: EAD is an work authorization, which allows to you work for any one. H1B is allows to you work for an sponsoring employer. If your new employer agrees you take you on board then do an H1 transfer, your title will be "similar/same position".
if you invoke AC21 means you have to use EAD not H1B......
AC21: You are letting USCIS know that you will not be working for GC sponsoring employer as you have found a new similar/same job with some one else.
EAD/H1B: EAD is an work authorization, which allows to you work for any one. H1B is allows to you work for an sponsoring employer. If your new employer agrees you take you on board then do an H1 transfer, your title will be "similar/same position".
roseball
03-29 04:15 PM
How long the process took before filing? How much time for PWD alone?
It took almost 6 months.....But typically it only requires around 3-4 months (considering PWD response in 1-2 weeks)....My PWD was filed in the first week of Jan and it took about 3 weeks to get a response back it seems, though I am not aware of the exact dates as I was not involved in this whole process. I only came to know about it due to my frequent emails to my manager and attorney asking for status..:-)......Mine is a large corporation (400k+ employees) so things move really slow process wise....I felt from start to filing of PERM, it should take about 4 months max...But it really depends on the number of resumes received and the time taken to screen them....If candidates are found who have to be interviewed, it could take a little more time....
It took almost 6 months.....But typically it only requires around 3-4 months (considering PWD response in 1-2 weeks)....My PWD was filed in the first week of Jan and it took about 3 weeks to get a response back it seems, though I am not aware of the exact dates as I was not involved in this whole process. I only came to know about it due to my frequent emails to my manager and attorney asking for status..:-)......Mine is a large corporation (400k+ employees) so things move really slow process wise....I felt from start to filing of PERM, it should take about 4 months max...But it really depends on the number of resumes received and the time taken to screen them....If candidates are found who have to be interviewed, it could take a little more time....
more...

kirupa
10-11 04:25 AM
Thanks - fixed! :)
sroyc
11-09 01:53 AM
I'm interested in being part of this group. I realized last weekend that I'm not so great at handing out flyers and reaching out to random people.
I would rather spend my time on things that I'm good at. I can help with writing, analysis, drawing, etc.
I would rather spend my time on things that I'm good at. I can help with writing, analysis, drawing, etc.
more...
sobers
07-26 12:07 PM
I hope the powers-to-be realize there is little floor time left before November and consider attaching relief to existing legislative vehicles...
http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/072606/news1.html
As the number of legislative days before the November election slip away, GOP lawmakers in competitive seats are trying to make their legislative mark.
The schedule is even tighter for the many members seeking consideration of their bills on the floor before members leave for the August recess. Boehner himself expressed frustration yesterday about members who have pleaded with him to bring their bills to the floor this week.
�Everybody wants their bill up this week,� the majority leader said during his weekly off-camera press briefing yesterday. �It is as if we were never coming back. There are only so many hours in a day and only a few days in this week to consider all of these.�
http://www.hillnews.com/thehill/export/TheHill/News/Frontpage/072606/news1.html
As the number of legislative days before the November election slip away, GOP lawmakers in competitive seats are trying to make their legislative mark.
The schedule is even tighter for the many members seeking consideration of their bills on the floor before members leave for the August recess. Boehner himself expressed frustration yesterday about members who have pleaded with him to bring their bills to the floor this week.
�Everybody wants their bill up this week,� the majority leader said during his weekly off-camera press briefing yesterday. �It is as if we were never coming back. There are only so many hours in a day and only a few days in this week to consider all of these.�
vina92
04-30 11:02 AM
PD Jan2005
I 140 applied Nov 2006
Approved Mar 6th 2007
I 140 applied Nov 2006
Approved Mar 6th 2007
more...
HV000
11-16 06:43 PM
That is exactly what the senate has been doing. And the House too.
Naming post offices, designating and recognizing festivals, naming courthouses and writing checks to run the government.
1. Immigration Reform: cant do.
2. Ending the war : cant do.
3. Reducing healthcare costs, reforming healthcare: cant do.
4. Upcoming social security deficit : cant do.
5. Budget deficits reduction : cant do.
Next week, senate is going to do following things:
1. Pass a resolution stating that it is the sense of the senate that sky is usually blue in color but on cloudier days, it tends to be green.
2. Pass a resolution that water is wet and fire is hot.
3. Pass a resolution that the building of Capitol is White is color, December is the last month of the year and the White House is also white in color.
4. Take a break, eat peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, play in swings outside the senate building and then take a little afternoon nap. A little fight between Democrats and Republicans on getting equal time on swings and equal time with possession of soccer ball and baseball bat.
5. Afternoon post-nap, easy-going session, name a few more post offices, praise the troops, criticize the war, praise the troops again, criticize the war again.
6. Pass a resolution of Holi, Bhai-Dooj, Kadwa-Chowth etc.
Good one!! Its high time they ALSO recognize our plight and pass a resolution on our "alien" presence here!!
Naming post offices, designating and recognizing festivals, naming courthouses and writing checks to run the government.
1. Immigration Reform: cant do.
2. Ending the war : cant do.
3. Reducing healthcare costs, reforming healthcare: cant do.
4. Upcoming social security deficit : cant do.
5. Budget deficits reduction : cant do.
Next week, senate is going to do following things:
1. Pass a resolution stating that it is the sense of the senate that sky is usually blue in color but on cloudier days, it tends to be green.
2. Pass a resolution that water is wet and fire is hot.
3. Pass a resolution that the building of Capitol is White is color, December is the last month of the year and the White House is also white in color.
4. Take a break, eat peanut-butter and jelly sandwich, play in swings outside the senate building and then take a little afternoon nap. A little fight between Democrats and Republicans on getting equal time on swings and equal time with possession of soccer ball and baseball bat.
5. Afternoon post-nap, easy-going session, name a few more post offices, praise the troops, criticize the war, praise the troops again, criticize the war again.
6. Pass a resolution of Holi, Bhai-Dooj, Kadwa-Chowth etc.
Good one!! Its high time they ALSO recognize our plight and pass a resolution on our "alien" presence here!!
gondalguru
06-20 11:52 AM
I thought that you can use AC21 only if you work for employer and I-485 pending more than 180 days and then you leave the employer to work for somebody else.
Is it possible to use prior employer's I-140, Empolyment offer letter - and file I-485 for future employment--- wait 6 months and then use AC21 clause to get greencard - All these while working for company other than original employer who file I-140?
Is it possible to use prior employer's I-140, Empolyment offer letter - and file I-485 for future employment--- wait 6 months and then use AC21 clause to get greencard - All these while working for company other than original employer who file I-140?
more...
Steve Mitchell
October 23rd, 2003, 11:44 PM
Funny Don, I was just over at Holliday Park about a week and a half ago scouting a location for a shoot. Too bad that area is fenced off, it would be perfect.
Muj@ck0_it
03-11 03:20 AM
I'll cast my vote for paddy...:yes:
more...
smartboy75
12-04 07:01 PM
Does that mean the above rules apply only when u want to become a citizen ???
chris
11-19 02:27 PM
I (we) know that they dont have proper system to pull the files based on PD/Country/Category etc.
Looks like they openly agreed that, Cant believe it. :eek:
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/244625389/last-page/
Please anyone find the official published link or verify the source this news.
Looks like they openly agreed that, Cant believe it. :eek:
http://www..com/discussion-forums/i485-1/244625389/last-page/
Please anyone find the official published link or verify the source this news.
gckidhamal
11-19 02:50 PM
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=6727
http://www.durrani.com/newsite/news_items/nactive_disp.asp?ID=4183
http://www.laborimmigration.com/2008/11/texas-service-introduces-streamline-procedure-for-i-485s-and-i-140s/
http://www.durrani.com/newsite/news_items/nactive_disp.asp?ID=4183
http://www.laborimmigration.com/2008/11/texas-service-introduces-streamline-procedure-for-i-485s-and-i-140s/
psn1975
11-05 09:52 PM
no ... I did not use AC21.
REQUIRE_GC
10-16 12:32 PM
I had only one lud after fingerprints code 3 (same Day - Thu day).
:( Does that mean my case is stuck in Name check.??????????????? :(
I have Fp done on 13th OCT. LUD on CASE STATUS on OCT 15, OCT 16.
I had two fingers matched. I dontknow if it is normal
:( Does that mean my case is stuck in Name check.??????????????? :(
I have Fp done on 13th OCT. LUD on CASE STATUS on OCT 15, OCT 16.
I had two fingers matched. I dontknow if it is normal