meridiani.planum
08-11 11:41 PM
Hi Guys,
I am in a similar position, I have applied for my I-485 last july and PD is Jan 2007, I haven't got any RFE yet but reading all the posts I think I might get one for BC. My BC has 20th August as date of birth but from my school certificate,PP, DL all have 17th August date and I have send an affidavit with I-485 from my parents that I was born on 17th August. But Now when I read all the forums I think I should have send the affidavit which should have said that 20th was right but I did not know that uscis gives more importance to BC date instead of dates on other documents.
Does somebody know what uscis might do? Should I support 17th or 20th date now? and if 20th then is it possible date on school certificate, DL can be changed? I finished my 10th in 1990 and CBSE board. but on CBSE website they say they can change the DOB but only if I had finished 10th in the last two years.
Can somebody please suggest what to do since I can be ready if i get RFE.
Thanks in advance.
of all the docs, only the birth certificate is off right? that too by just 3 days. Rest everything is in sync. Moreover you have sent an affidavit also saying 17th is the date. I think you will be ok, just relax.
DO NOT send an affidavit now claiming 20th is your birth date, when you have just sent one claiming 17th. An affidavit is a serious statement, and you cant keep changing the facts you state in it. At the end of the day USCIS wants clear-cut documents on date and place of birth, and when in doubt or if there are conflicts, then an affidavit is needed. You have sent it all in and settled on the 17th, stick by that story now. In the unlikely event you get an RFE, you can get another affidavit from your parents confirming that the date on the cert is wrong.
I am in a similar position, I have applied for my I-485 last july and PD is Jan 2007, I haven't got any RFE yet but reading all the posts I think I might get one for BC. My BC has 20th August as date of birth but from my school certificate,PP, DL all have 17th August date and I have send an affidavit with I-485 from my parents that I was born on 17th August. But Now when I read all the forums I think I should have send the affidavit which should have said that 20th was right but I did not know that uscis gives more importance to BC date instead of dates on other documents.
Does somebody know what uscis might do? Should I support 17th or 20th date now? and if 20th then is it possible date on school certificate, DL can be changed? I finished my 10th in 1990 and CBSE board. but on CBSE website they say they can change the DOB but only if I had finished 10th in the last two years.
Can somebody please suggest what to do since I can be ready if i get RFE.
Thanks in advance.
of all the docs, only the birth certificate is off right? that too by just 3 days. Rest everything is in sync. Moreover you have sent an affidavit also saying 17th is the date. I think you will be ok, just relax.
DO NOT send an affidavit now claiming 20th is your birth date, when you have just sent one claiming 17th. An affidavit is a serious statement, and you cant keep changing the facts you state in it. At the end of the day USCIS wants clear-cut documents on date and place of birth, and when in doubt or if there are conflicts, then an affidavit is needed. You have sent it all in and settled on the 17th, stick by that story now. In the unlikely event you get an RFE, you can get another affidavit from your parents confirming that the date on the cert is wrong.
wallpaper Used Nissan Versa 2010 for
mukuraj
07-27 02:55 PM
Hi,
My I-94 which was issued 2 years ago in the port of entry got expired(this I-94 was based on my previous employer "ABC". I have applied for H1 extention and got my 797 extended with new I-94 recently with my new employer "XYZ".
My question is which I-94 details should I use while filing my 485. Obviously my labor was filed by "XYZ" company.
Regards
Kasi
Kasi,
I had the same situation and asked my attorney last month. He replied "I-94 # is always the # on the white card which is stapled in your passport", meaning the latest I-94 (white card) given to you at the port of entry. It doesn't matter whether it is expired or not. Hope this answers.
My I-94 which was issued 2 years ago in the port of entry got expired(this I-94 was based on my previous employer "ABC". I have applied for H1 extention and got my 797 extended with new I-94 recently with my new employer "XYZ".
My question is which I-94 details should I use while filing my 485. Obviously my labor was filed by "XYZ" company.
Regards
Kasi
Kasi,
I had the same situation and asked my attorney last month. He replied "I-94 # is always the # on the white card which is stapled in your passport", meaning the latest I-94 (white card) given to you at the port of entry. It doesn't matter whether it is expired or not. Hope this answers.
nlssubbu
12-12 07:30 PM
Hi!
I have an approved H1 until 2009 but expired visa in my passport. I have AP and EAD approved. My lawyer has the original I-485 receipt notice - I only have a fax of it. I am travelling to India in Jan-08.
I am planning to re-enter the USA on AP. Do I need original I-485 receipt to re-enter? OR is AP documents enough? Do I need to carry approved H1-B notice or any other docs?
Thanks for your help!
Vivek.
I-485 receipt notice belongs to you and I do not know why your attorney retained them. If your attorney is not appointed by you and employed through your company, it is all the more better, if you have this copy with you.
If you are planning to re-enter using AP, then have the original I-485 receipt notice and the company letter to be on the safer side.
Have a safe trip!
I have an approved H1 until 2009 but expired visa in my passport. I have AP and EAD approved. My lawyer has the original I-485 receipt notice - I only have a fax of it. I am travelling to India in Jan-08.
I am planning to re-enter the USA on AP. Do I need original I-485 receipt to re-enter? OR is AP documents enough? Do I need to carry approved H1-B notice or any other docs?
Thanks for your help!
Vivek.
I-485 receipt notice belongs to you and I do not know why your attorney retained them. If your attorney is not appointed by you and employed through your company, it is all the more better, if you have this copy with you.
If you are planning to re-enter using AP, then have the original I-485 receipt notice and the company letter to be on the safer side.
Have a safe trip!
2011 2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S
help43
09-12 09:58 AM
Please advise on what documents that i need to submit for H1-B amendment
1) Previous employer Paystubs
2) Offer letter from new company...
3) Previous I-94
4) I-20 ...
5)-----
1) Previous employer Paystubs
2) Offer letter from new company...
3) Previous I-94
4) I-20 ...
5)-----
more...
kaisersose
12-17 10:16 AM
This is hardly the way to handle a 485 rejection. Your statements not supportd by details are very dubious. If what you are saying is indeed true, go talk to your lawyer. Asking incomplete, questions on a discussion forum is hardly the way to go.
USCIS will not send a bald letter with a one line statement that your 485 was denied. They are required to provide a detailed justification in defense of their decision. And this again makes your claim suspect.
USCIS will not send a bald letter with a one line statement that your 485 was denied. They are required to provide a detailed justification in defense of their decision. And this again makes your claim suspect.
diptam
08-10 12:50 PM
You will never hear in future too but you may see that in any Public Forum Posts and you very well know what the poster meant !!
Thanks !
Europe: never heard of this "country" :D
Thanks !
Europe: never heard of this "country" :D
more...

reddymjm
04-24 09:32 AM
Good Question. Why no one from IV posted that yet?
2010 Discovering what a driver can
linuxra
02-18 09:56 PM
what can i do with my EAD then?
what are my options
so is it risker to work on ead
i am completely confused
can anybody answer my question?
current h1 with vsginc
i-140 with axiom
what are my options
so is it risker to work on ead
i am completely confused
can anybody answer my question?
current h1 with vsginc
i-140 with axiom
more...
wandmaker
08-10 11:38 PM
Hi, my I-485 approval might be close according to current processing time. I have moved within the same city. I wonder whether change of address at this time will cause any delay:
1. how likely due to change of address, my I-485 processing will be affected and got delayed?
2. how likely I will get a REF due to change of address?
3. Is it better to make an effort to keep the old address?
Thanks.
Notify the change of address - If USCIS finds out that you have moved and did not notify with in 10 days of your move then they have the power to revoke and deny your petition.
1. how likely due to change of address, my I-485 processing will be affected and got delayed?
2. how likely I will get a REF due to change of address?
3. Is it better to make an effort to keep the old address?
Thanks.
Notify the change of address - If USCIS finds out that you have moved and did not notify with in 10 days of your move then they have the power to revoke and deny your petition.
hair Metallic 2010 Nissan Versa
sportsguy131
07-31 02:34 PM
hey thx a lot for the info....but can she work in those 180 days?
more...
HV000
11-17 03:25 PM
Why are we always in an approval seeking mode when it comes to U.S? This still shows that we didn�t come out of our slave mentality ever since independence. We are happy whenever something Indian gets recognized in US. We are also happy to associate ourselves with America and call our film industry as Bollywood, Kollywood, Tollywood etc..
Do Americans give a damn about Halloween celebrations in India? In fact they didn�t even know that an outside world exists until 9/11. They built a strong economy from its grass roots by believing in their self worth, there by becoming the greatest country in this world. America didn�t seek approval from any country throughout its history and this is what one need to learn from this country.
Most of us are here are 2nd and 3rd generation Indians since Independence and for God�s sake let�s stop this weakling attitude right now and not pass this on to our children. Feel good about you and your culture from your heart and don�t let anyone or anything to influence that.
�Show me a man without an ego and I will show you a loser� � Donald Trump - Real Estate billionaire
We could care less about U.S. if we were in India, but we are in the U.S. It's VERY important that they understand us and our plight waiting for green cards.
Do Americans give a damn about Halloween celebrations in India? In fact they didn�t even know that an outside world exists until 9/11. They built a strong economy from its grass roots by believing in their self worth, there by becoming the greatest country in this world. America didn�t seek approval from any country throughout its history and this is what one need to learn from this country.
Most of us are here are 2nd and 3rd generation Indians since Independence and for God�s sake let�s stop this weakling attitude right now and not pass this on to our children. Feel good about you and your culture from your heart and don�t let anyone or anything to influence that.
�Show me a man without an ego and I will show you a loser� � Donald Trump - Real Estate billionaire
We could care less about U.S. if we were in India, but we are in the U.S. It's VERY important that they understand us and our plight waiting for green cards.
hot 2010 Nissan Versa Niles, IL
alex77
10-08 02:12 PM
Thanks. Any response/LUD on your 485 after your letter to confirm they did revoke G28?
I did the same this one month back. All you have to do is the letter to USCIS telling them that your attorney will not represent your case in future and please mail all the communication directly to my registered home address.
Send this letter to address mentioned in I-797 Notice of Reciept of I-485 with acknowledgement return address card.
Look for my previous post related to this and you will find the sample letter as well.
I did the same this one month back. All you have to do is the letter to USCIS telling them that your attorney will not represent your case in future and please mail all the communication directly to my registered home address.
Send this letter to address mentioned in I-797 Notice of Reciept of I-485 with acknowledgement return address card.
Look for my previous post related to this and you will find the sample letter as well.
more...
house The Nissan Versa is a nimble
thescadaman
12-16 10:43 AM
If EAD and License have same expiry then what happens for license renewal during that last 6 months. It appears, I am going to get in a similar situation. My conern is about the remote possibility - What if my license gets damaged or lost during those last 6 months. As per their current law they will not issue a replacement license since the EAD is not valid for more than 6 months. EAD can be renewed 120 days before and for license to be renewed the EAD has to be valid for more than 6 months.
The last 6 months of "no-license replacement" is making me very anxious.
The last 6 months of "no-license replacement" is making me very anxious.
tattoo 2010 Nissan Versa Freeport, NY
seekerofpeace
04-23 03:33 PM
I am in similar situation. While my street address will also stay the same the building is same I am just changing floors...going from a 1 bed to 2 bed which I have to and can't avoid.
I checked with USPS and they told me that they do automatic mail forwarding for 3 months and which could be expanded...I am not going to intimate USCIS till I have to...I mean delay it as long as you receive your mails you won't miss a thing + the attorney also gets the RFE and their address is fixed and you will get that anyway.
The postal people can mess up delivery too and i have had friends who did not receive letters from USCIS due to delivery problems .....anything and everything can happen.
Point is to delay the notification to avoid an RFE....but if everything else is fine and legit I won't mind filling up the address change notification.
SoP
I checked with USPS and they told me that they do automatic mail forwarding for 3 months and which could be expanded...I am not going to intimate USCIS till I have to...I mean delay it as long as you receive your mails you won't miss a thing + the attorney also gets the RFE and their address is fixed and you will get that anyway.
The postal people can mess up delivery too and i have had friends who did not receive letters from USCIS due to delivery problems .....anything and everything can happen.
Point is to delay the notification to avoid an RFE....but if everything else is fine and legit I won't mind filling up the address change notification.
SoP
more...
pictures 2010 NissanVersa is available
meridiani.planum
05-20 04:00 PM
Its the same story everytime, they will use the AgJobs and effectively kill everything. We, a significantly impacted minority, will end up getting screwed because members were more interested in reading the forums instead of educating the lawmakers.
Recapture does not increase the number of visas, it simply uses the unallocated visas. If they cannot understand this simple argument then what hope do we have. The anti immigrant forces make it sound like the bill will unleash a wave of immigrants.
yup. same old mess. Try to get ONE thing for EB immigrants, and first the nurses lobby jumps on the bandwagon.. atleast its all still legal immigration at that point. Suddenly agjobs and DREAM also board the train bringing the 'tainted' illegal immigration angle into this picture and soon its a big fat mess that no one wants to touch. sad state of affairs.
Recapture does not increase the number of visas, it simply uses the unallocated visas. If they cannot understand this simple argument then what hope do we have. The anti immigrant forces make it sound like the bill will unleash a wave of immigrants.
yup. same old mess. Try to get ONE thing for EB immigrants, and first the nurses lobby jumps on the bandwagon.. atleast its all still legal immigration at that point. Suddenly agjobs and DREAM also board the train bringing the 'tainted' illegal immigration angle into this picture and soon its a big fat mess that no one wants to touch. sad state of affairs.
dresses Brilliant Silver Metallic 2010 Nissan Versa 1.6 Sedan with Charcoal interior
bzuccaro
11-09 08:40 AM
If the labor certification is approved and the I-140 has been or will be pending for 365 days or more prior to the H-1B worker�s requested H-1B start date, then the H-1B visa worker can file for the one year extension under AC21 106 (a).
more...
makeup Used Nissan Versa 2010 for
geesee
04-13 12:18 PM
I recently closed my Simple IRA (small version of 401K) account and requested the checks (they give seperate check for each fund) for myself. Generally there is a 60 days window to move those funds to a new IRA account in order to avoid 10% penalty and taxes. I have setup an IRA account with TDAmeritrade and planning to manage the funds on my own.
girlfriend 2010 Nissan Versa Shreveport,
webm
03-06 02:39 PM
yes EB3 India. I think when I look back, its just a matter of luck. Once it was RFE, second time I got a second finger printing and third time they just did'nt pick it up. But USCIS has been very promptful in approving my EADs and AP. I could be very well one of the oldest processing case sitting in the TSC shelf.
(1700 days)
We wish you get your GC soon.!!:)
(1700 days)
We wish you get your GC soon.!!:)
hairstyles 2010 Nissan Versa Knoxville,
gc_peshwa
01-26 06:55 PM
Well done team IV! BTW has IV already published this email to newspapers? IIRC a free site like PRNEWSWIRE will also help :-)
neel_gump
01-29 11:51 AM
no OCI for minor kids...you can get more info @ http://www.indianconsulate.com/
minimalist
10-18 11:55 AM
Based on information I gathered,we need to have original 485 filing receipt to be able to use EAD for extending drivers licence. One question I would like to explore is has any one had success requesting a 485 receipt from USCIS?.I researched on the topic and called USCIS also and the answer I found is that USCIS will not reissue 485 receipt notice.I would like to see if any IVians have a different experience.