
prom2
11-05 12:32 PM
Finally I got mail from USCIS on 11/04 saying my AP is approved. But the message says it is approved on 10/17. I didn't know why they took so many days to update the status? Is it normal?
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On October 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
Mine was the same, I receive email on 11/04 and notice sent on 10/17.
Good luck.
Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT
Current Status: Approval notice sent.
On October 17, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I131 APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL DOCUMENT. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.
Mine was the same, I receive email on 11/04 and notice sent on 10/17.
Good luck.
wallpaper and Inspirational Quotes

ChainReaction
01-30 08:12 AM
Shouldn't the name for the site be LEGAL Immigration Voice , so that we can seprate ourself from the Illegals inclucing I-245
sumansk
09-28 04:44 PM
Its not ata ll meaningful....I just hate to see no order of processing taking place...still many guys with older filing dates waiting and guys filing as late as a week back gettign their receipts...system any where sucks man..
GOD REALLY NEED TO BLESS AMERICA....
GOD REALLY NEED TO BLESS AMERICA....
2011 Labels: love-quotes
NKR
05-08 03:20 PM
My opinion:
Well, can the Java Programmer walk the ramp and pull it off like a professional model? Their work is a lot harder than it appears on the outside taking into account the success rate among models. Considering that even school kids can write excellent java programs, if we still want to consider the Java programmer as "highly skilled", then so are models.
Giselle Bundchen is worth half a billion dollars or somewhere in that range.
Btw, I am in the programming line myself in case someone thinks I have a problem with programmers. But I wouldn't mind swapping places with a successful model ;)
The words �highly skilled� have been the most misrepresented words. H1s is not only for highly skilled and not all programmers are highly skilled but some are�
These words have been used by pro and anti-immigrants alike in equal measure. One group wants an increase in H1 saying that US has shortage of skilled labor. The other group ridicules this statement that even kids can do programming.
�H1 is not only for highly skilled and it is not only for programmers�
Well, can the Java Programmer walk the ramp and pull it off like a professional model? Their work is a lot harder than it appears on the outside taking into account the success rate among models. Considering that even school kids can write excellent java programs, if we still want to consider the Java programmer as "highly skilled", then so are models.
Giselle Bundchen is worth half a billion dollars or somewhere in that range.
Btw, I am in the programming line myself in case someone thinks I have a problem with programmers. But I wouldn't mind swapping places with a successful model ;)
The words �highly skilled� have been the most misrepresented words. H1s is not only for highly skilled and not all programmers are highly skilled but some are�
These words have been used by pro and anti-immigrants alike in equal measure. One group wants an increase in H1 saying that US has shortage of skilled labor. The other group ridicules this statement that even kids can do programming.
�H1 is not only for highly skilled and it is not only for programmers�
more...
shanti
02-24 10:35 AM
Thank you guys for your replies.
NolaIndian32: I have a question, has your lawyer used the experience previous to filing for Labor as a justification to becoming a supervisor or whatever promotion you got? or did he include the experience post labor application?
Becks/Nolaindian32
Another question, I know that for changing the employer keeping the same labor before the I-485 stage that you need to prove same or similar, if that were the case and this is my info:
I came to US in December 2000 H-1B having 5 ys of previous experience, worked for employer A in U.S. from December 2000 until November 2003, joined employer B in December 2003 (another H-1B) where I am still working, then Employer B applied for my Labor in Feb 2005. IF that was the case for the I-140 stage of same or similar, how many years of experience can I use as gained in US? The three years with my first employer or those 3 plus the year that my current employer took to apply for labor in this case it would be four?
Thank you so much in advance.
NolaIndian32: I have a question, has your lawyer used the experience previous to filing for Labor as a justification to becoming a supervisor or whatever promotion you got? or did he include the experience post labor application?
Becks/Nolaindian32
Another question, I know that for changing the employer keeping the same labor before the I-485 stage that you need to prove same or similar, if that were the case and this is my info:
I came to US in December 2000 H-1B having 5 ys of previous experience, worked for employer A in U.S. from December 2000 until November 2003, joined employer B in December 2003 (another H-1B) where I am still working, then Employer B applied for my Labor in Feb 2005. IF that was the case for the I-140 stage of same or similar, how many years of experience can I use as gained in US? The three years with my first employer or those 3 plus the year that my current employer took to apply for labor in this case it would be four?
Thank you so much in advance.
vandanaverdia
09-12 07:08 PM
23 members & growing...
Wake up Washingtonians & Oregonians....
Wake up Washingtonians & Oregonians....
more...
singhsa3
07-31 02:32 PM
It is ok as long as she does not overstay 180 days
Hello,
I have a question, this is about my mom's H1 B visa. Her H1B visa is about to expire in one month.(she had a maximum stay for 6 years). But my grandfather had applied for a greencard process for my mom through family based and we are 2 months away from getting the visa numbers. So Is there any way my mom can extend her H1B. She is currently working as a teacher. (There are lot of options for people who applied for Greencard process through employment, but I don't see any for family based greencard process). Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank You.
Hello,
I have a question, this is about my mom's H1 B visa. Her H1B visa is about to expire in one month.(she had a maximum stay for 6 years). But my grandfather had applied for a greencard process for my mom through family based and we are 2 months away from getting the visa numbers. So Is there any way my mom can extend her H1B. She is currently working as a teacher. (There are lot of options for people who applied for Greencard process through employment, but I don't see any for family based greencard process). Any help would be really appreciated.
Thank You.
2010 Quotes About Falling in Love,

anilsal
01-14 08:39 AM
once the file has been assigned to an officer and the dates are current? I am just curious.
Just the file being assigned to an officer does not mean adjudication soon.:)
Just the file being assigned to an officer does not mean adjudication soon.:)
more...

ritwik_ind
11-16 03:17 AM
This is multi-week process ritwik. I wouldn't expect the public poll to go up any sooner than the 18th.
:)
great... Thanks kirupa.
:)
great... Thanks kirupa.
hair Inspirational Love Quotes #3
gcseeker2002
09-16 02:57 PM
Hi,
I am also planning to travel on AP to India. I changed my employer, but didn't file AC21. AP's are still from the time when i was working for my old employer who sponsored me. Will it be any issue, if i travel with these AP's. What type of letter do i need to take from present employer durimg my travel. Please advise...
There is no problem with travelling on AP. For me, you should not even have second thoughts on personal travel , just go, AP or H1 does not matter as long as you have some form of reentry with you.
I am also planning to travel on AP to India. I changed my employer, but didn't file AC21. AP's are still from the time when i was working for my old employer who sponsored me. Will it be any issue, if i travel with these AP's. What type of letter do i need to take from present employer durimg my travel. Please advise...
There is no problem with travelling on AP. For me, you should not even have second thoughts on personal travel , just go, AP or H1 does not matter as long as you have some form of reentry with you.
more...

Ramba
09-23 02:42 PM
AOS is neither vaild non-immigrant status nor immigrant status. It is a "period of authorized stay" based on contigency of approval of 485. Though, it has work authorization, there is no law clearly says they are eligible for school or any other benefits that immigrants enjoy. Therefore, it is difficult to explain to those have limited knowledge. It is better to get a letter from immigrant lawer to explain to school or just follow what school is suggesting.
hot Inspirational Quotes about
srinivas_o
04-28 10:49 AM
Used Advance Parole and gave my passport to the Officer, no questions asked and no issues. This is at Dallas on 23rd April. It just took 15 minutes to complete the immigration check.
more...
house Inspirational Quotes; love and

sid3699
09-16 10:13 PM
My H1B visa stamp has expired, but I have the approval papers extending my H1B until Jan 2011. My company filed for bankruptcy. Another company bought parts of my company (not the entire company) in which I work. So I got absorbed by the buyer.
What happens to my visa? Does the new company have to file for an amended petition? If so, how long does that take?
I have to travel to India in two months. If they file the petition and I travel out of the country before I get the approval, will that be safe?
Thanks very much.
What happens to my visa? Does the new company have to file for an amended petition? If so, how long does that take?
I have to travel to India in two months. If they file the petition and I travel out of the country before I get the approval, will that be safe?
Thanks very much.
tattoo Love Inspirational picture
Munna Bhai
08-24 01:34 PM
Can interfiling done for spouse. I filed 485 based on my PERM labor. Can I interfile this 485 when my wifes labor gets approved from Backlog.
Here is what I got update from my attorney:
"Once the I-140 is approved(EB3, Nov 2004), we will write to the Immigration Service requesting them to apply that priority date to the pending I-485 (EB2, Feb 2006) application."
Hope this helps.
Here is what I got update from my attorney:
"Once the I-140 is approved(EB3, Nov 2004), we will write to the Immigration Service requesting them to apply that priority date to the pending I-485 (EB2, Feb 2006) application."
Hope this helps.
more...
pictures Friendship Quotes and Sayings
bablata2007
11-27 04:01 PM
Thanks for the information. Definitely helpful. I will keep an eye open for any other information on these sticky situations.
dresses inspirational quotes on life
ivjobs
11-09 01:48 PM
Just to keep the ideas about entrepreneurship and the group activity floating at a central place, a file has been created in the group. Any one who feels their ideas, thoughts and proposals are worth and benefit the VI entrepreneur community, please add them below. The team will review them frequently and try to implement as many as feasible in the best interests of the IV and the group.
Compilation of some of the ideas/thoughts already proposed by the entrepreneurship group members:
1. Create a Charter which describes our activities,what we want to do,
roles, responsibilities, How to address issues and conflicts among
members etc.
2. Establish a core team/board who will report to a chair and is
ultimately responsible for policies, actions etc.
3.Identify and assign responsibility to individual members
4.Clearly identify the chain of command (whose responsible for what
and who does final decision)
5. Also assign the charter/board to come up with a business plan, do
investment analysis etc for the group.
6. Chalk out any short term and long term initiatives such as
attracting and retaining folks, managing day to day affairs, sharing
the wealth of knowledge and profits.
7. Should we register a ivstartup.org domain?
its 9.99/yr at godaddy, so that we can move from an informal setup
like yahoo groups to a more formal setup...with our own forum and
all..
8.Also to meet the cost...lets have a $1 as a yearly fee (or 50
cent/month) or 10$ life long membership....that will cover the cost
of hosting.
9. Like the one proposed on IV about Housing Crisis and speedy green card approval for buying houses, why not we propose an agenda for speedy green card process for I 485 pending and aspiring/existing entrepreneurs?
10. Create a shared repository for the all the startup related information specifically targeting IV audience.
Please add in your thoughts to the above or visit
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ivstartup/files/
Compilation of some of the ideas/thoughts already proposed by the entrepreneurship group members:
1. Create a Charter which describes our activities,what we want to do,
roles, responsibilities, How to address issues and conflicts among
members etc.
2. Establish a core team/board who will report to a chair and is
ultimately responsible for policies, actions etc.
3.Identify and assign responsibility to individual members
4.Clearly identify the chain of command (whose responsible for what
and who does final decision)
5. Also assign the charter/board to come up with a business plan, do
investment analysis etc for the group.
6. Chalk out any short term and long term initiatives such as
attracting and retaining folks, managing day to day affairs, sharing
the wealth of knowledge and profits.
7. Should we register a ivstartup.org domain?
its 9.99/yr at godaddy, so that we can move from an informal setup
like yahoo groups to a more formal setup...with our own forum and
all..
8.Also to meet the cost...lets have a $1 as a yearly fee (or 50
cent/month) or 10$ life long membership....that will cover the cost
of hosting.
9. Like the one proposed on IV about Housing Crisis and speedy green card approval for buying houses, why not we propose an agenda for speedy green card process for I 485 pending and aspiring/existing entrepreneurs?
10. Create a shared repository for the all the startup related information specifically targeting IV audience.
Please add in your thoughts to the above or visit
http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/ivstartup/files/
more...
makeup Short Sad Love Quotes In Hindi
icecreamy
08-30 03:02 PM
oops ~ typo :P
Thanks!
I dont think you mean LUD on 485 correctly.
It has to be after ND.
Thanks!
I dont think you mean LUD on 485 correctly.
It has to be after ND.
girlfriend love and inspirational quotes
alex99
06-28 03:12 PM
As far as I know We need only Employment offer letter. And the Designation should match your PERM Labor Certificate.
Sample Format:
DATE
USCIS
Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Re: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXXXXXXX
Dear Sir/Madam:
This is to certify that we had submitted petition for Alien Employment Certification on behalf of XXXXXXX. We are very much interested in continuing his employment with us in the capacity of XXXXXX(according to labor approval). His salary for the said employment will be $XXXXX (according to Labor approval)per year.
He will be managing XXXXXXXXXXXXX(according to Labor approval)
It should be noted that this is a full time and permanent position. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Yours Sincerely,
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
Sample Format:
DATE
USCIS
Nebraska Service Center
850 S. Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
Re: Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker
Petitioner: XXXXXXXXX
Beneficiary: XXXXXXXXX
Dear Sir/Madam:
This is to certify that we had submitted petition for Alien Employment Certification on behalf of XXXXXXX. We are very much interested in continuing his employment with us in the capacity of XXXXXX(according to labor approval). His salary for the said employment will be $XXXXX (according to Labor approval)per year.
He will be managing XXXXXXXXXXXXX(according to Labor approval)
It should be noted that this is a full time and permanent position. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Yours Sincerely,
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
hairstyles -1 short quotes family love.

deecha
06-17 01:20 PM
So if i created an app and sold it, wouldn't i be working for myself and deriving financial compensation?
He could have developed the app outside the united states. He could have written the app in his spare time (He is not being paid to do it, maybe just a hobby). When he sells the app., it is not a salary. It is more like a dividend or rent (An H1B/F1/etc. can legally own property and derive rent .. it is not employment income). Furthermore, he can set up a LLC or an INC and sell the app through that but he should not have worked for that company while developing that app.
Lots of ways to get around it. Most laws are subject to interpretation and they're not absolute. If laws were absolute, we'd all be in the grip of tyranny and be slaves. There are only a few natural laws that are absolute.
As one person said on one of the threads (I think EB2 vs EB3), there is a tendency for people to achieve something and then set the bar just below them to exclude other people from competing with them either through laws or deprivation of resources (History is replete with such examples .. look at the kind of laws and regulations people are trying to pass). We must guard against such behavior/attitude and allow everyone a fair chance to succeed in life.
He could have developed the app outside the united states. He could have written the app in his spare time (He is not being paid to do it, maybe just a hobby). When he sells the app., it is not a salary. It is more like a dividend or rent (An H1B/F1/etc. can legally own property and derive rent .. it is not employment income). Furthermore, he can set up a LLC or an INC and sell the app through that but he should not have worked for that company while developing that app.
Lots of ways to get around it. Most laws are subject to interpretation and they're not absolute. If laws were absolute, we'd all be in the grip of tyranny and be slaves. There are only a few natural laws that are absolute.
As one person said on one of the threads (I think EB2 vs EB3), there is a tendency for people to achieve something and then set the bar just below them to exclude other people from competing with them either through laws or deprivation of resources (History is replete with such examples .. look at the kind of laws and regulations people are trying to pass). We must guard against such behavior/attitude and allow everyone a fair chance to succeed in life.
va_217
01-08 01:42 PM
they even do interviews for them to get the job and pay less to the consultant
gsc999
06-15 03:39 PM
No need to write "None"..just leave it blank. Thats what my attorney told.
--
Thanks, I will prefer to leave it blank.
Whats with so many diff. opinion about Alien # :eek:
--
Thanks, I will prefer to leave it blank.
Whats with so many diff. opinion about Alien # :eek: