Anonymous Freak
Oct 1, 03:33 PM
Hey everyone I'm not sure if this is the right section for this, so if it isn't please point me in the right direction.
Anyhow I recently "found" a Macintosh TV, did a fresh install of System 7.1, hooked up my Genesis and... it seems like I'm missing half the frames per second. Both RF and video in have the same problem.
I've changed the very limited options in both TV Setup and Monitors and I still have the same problem. Will installing 7.6 change anything or am I stuck missing half the frames?
EDIT: Ok it's not half the frames missing but it's still noticeable. Also is there a way to adjust the picture quality, the video in is extremely blurry with multicolored artifacts everywhere.
It sounds as if the TV tuner card may be having issues. The way it works in that system is that the TV tuner card does *ALL* of work. It then throws the video over the digitally-rendered content from the Mac OS. The analog video cannot be 'captured' on a Macintosh TV, and cannot be manipulated at all within the OS; so the OS is irrelevant. It's a piece of hardware slapping the video live as it comes in over the computer graphics. Any "slowdown" is purely in the hardware tuner.
Anyhow I recently "found" a Macintosh TV, did a fresh install of System 7.1, hooked up my Genesis and... it seems like I'm missing half the frames per second. Both RF and video in have the same problem.
I've changed the very limited options in both TV Setup and Monitors and I still have the same problem. Will installing 7.6 change anything or am I stuck missing half the frames?
EDIT: Ok it's not half the frames missing but it's still noticeable. Also is there a way to adjust the picture quality, the video in is extremely blurry with multicolored artifacts everywhere.
It sounds as if the TV tuner card may be having issues. The way it works in that system is that the TV tuner card does *ALL* of work. It then throws the video over the digitally-rendered content from the Mac OS. The analog video cannot be 'captured' on a Macintosh TV, and cannot be manipulated at all within the OS; so the OS is irrelevant. It's a piece of hardware slapping the video live as it comes in over the computer graphics. Any "slowdown" is purely in the hardware tuner.
glocke12
Mar 21, 05:50 AM
I did not know these existed, and actually do not think they are a bad idea if you are the type to take your gear outside in inclement weather.
Sun Baked
Dec 29, 03:39 PM
I have great faith in SpyMac, and fully expect that they will sink to even newer lows. http://forums.macrumors.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19550
Even if you look at some donation programs run by major business, 3% is still quite low. Some of them are so poorly run that they may only have 3% getting to the people that need it.
Even if you look at some donation programs run by major business, 3% is still quite low. Some of them are so poorly run that they may only have 3% getting to the people that need it.
chrmjenkins
Mar 31, 01:46 PM
Of the names listed in the thread, Cooper's probably my pick for the best. Maddow doesn't even attempt to stay neutral. I was watching her coverage when Scott Walker won in Mass; she sounded like she'd just come from her best friend's funeral.
I'm not saying Maddow isn't biased. I'm saying she's not bad in that she usually uses facts and doesn't cite distorted clips to back her points.
I'm not saying Maddow isn't biased. I'm saying she's not bad in that she usually uses facts and doesn't cite distorted clips to back her points.
more...
Warhay
Jul 9, 06:35 PM
sometime between 4-6 prob around 5ish... anyone else?
xAnthony
May 1, 12:46 PM
Lol thats what i am calling my white iphone now
That looks pretty ugly.
The all black looks much better.
That looks pretty ugly.
The all black looks much better.
more...
MRiOS
May 4, 09:28 AM
I was about to do that, but then I read somewhere that Verizon won't grandfather when you upgrade after they switch the plans
I was assured by the Verizon rep who activated my phone and added the data, that if I were to upgrade to another 3G smartphone down the line that my unlimited data would be grandfathered, now when it comes to 4G LTE, no I don't get unlimited of that. The only part of my plan they weren't sure would get grandfathered if I upgraded is the 5GB tethering/hotspot allowance.
I was assured by the Verizon rep who activated my phone and added the data, that if I were to upgrade to another 3G smartphone down the line that my unlimited data would be grandfathered, now when it comes to 4G LTE, no I don't get unlimited of that. The only part of my plan they weren't sure would get grandfathered if I upgraded is the 5GB tethering/hotspot allowance.
Solafaa
Nov 4, 03:59 PM
I have 3 23" apple (new) monitors (office, home, 2nd home). They are great, i ordred them as soon as i could and i am very happy with them. In my office i use it with my XP desktop and its wonderfull.
more...
Umbongo
May 4, 06:24 AM
Would/Could these chips end up in the single cpu MPs? Do they support Thunderbolt? I am struggling to find any concrete information.
They are Xeon versions of the latest Core i5 and Core i7 processors. Basically the same as those found in the new iMacs, but with ECC memory support. They won't be used in the Mac Pro - the highest end of these will almost be as powerful as the bottom end of the upcoming LGA 2011 processors.
They are Xeon versions of the latest Core i5 and Core i7 processors. Basically the same as those found in the new iMacs, but with ECC memory support. They won't be used in the Mac Pro - the highest end of these will almost be as powerful as the bottom end of the upcoming LGA 2011 processors.
John Doe 57
Feb 12, 11:17 PM
A rather large list of 'mostly' instrumental type bands playing post-rock, math-rock, metal / sludge, ambient, hip-hop, etc...
Aarktica, Ahleuchatistas, The Album Leaf, Aphex Twin, Beef Terminal, Beware of Safety, Boards of Canada, Bury The Sound, Caspian, Dilatazione, Don Caballero, Dysrhythmia, Eluvium, The Evpatoria Report, Explosions in The Sky, Followed By Ghosts, Fridge, ****** Buttons, Gas, Giraffes? Giraffes!, God Is An Astronaut, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Hammock, Hella, If These Trees Could Talk, International Anthem, Irepress, Joy Wants Eternity, Landing, Litmus0001, Long Distance Calling, M83, Maitreya, Markus Guentner, Maserati, The Mercury Program, Midwest Product, Mno Sleeps, Mogwai, Mono, **Mouth of The Architect, My Majestic Star, On Fire, O�phoi & Tau Ceti, Pan American, Pelican, Pete Namlook & Mixmaster Morris, pg.lost, Piglet, Polmo Polpo, Ratatat, Red Sparowes, *Redjetson, The Redneck Manifesto, Robert Rich, **Rosetta, Rumah Sakit, Russian Circles, Saxon Shore, Signal Hill, The Six Parts Seven, Sky, Solyaris, Sonna, Stars of the Lid, Steve Roach, Surface of Eceon, Swims, Tal, Tarentel, Terre Thaemlitz, ***This Is Your Captain Speaking, This Will Destroy You, Thom Brennan, Tim Hecker, Tortoise, Tristeza, Turing Machine, Ulrich Schnauss, Upsilon Acrux, Waveform Transmission, When I Know You Will Too, Windy & Carl, Yppah, 1 Mile North, 65daysofstatic, 518vsJOEL, 37500 Yens.
*Redjetson is not instrumental but could be considered a version of Explosions in The Sky with lyrics.
**Mouth of The Architect and Rosetta are 50/50. 50% singing and 50% instrumentals. However they are both metal bands so if the screaming isn't you're thing...
***This Is Your Captain Speaking is absolutely fantastic. Both albums are on the iTunes store so go get a preview!
Aarktica, Ahleuchatistas, The Album Leaf, Aphex Twin, Beef Terminal, Beware of Safety, Boards of Canada, Bury The Sound, Caspian, Dilatazione, Don Caballero, Dysrhythmia, Eluvium, The Evpatoria Report, Explosions in The Sky, Followed By Ghosts, Fridge, ****** Buttons, Gas, Giraffes? Giraffes!, God Is An Astronaut, Godspeed You Black Emperor!, Hammock, Hella, If These Trees Could Talk, International Anthem, Irepress, Joy Wants Eternity, Landing, Litmus0001, Long Distance Calling, M83, Maitreya, Markus Guentner, Maserati, The Mercury Program, Midwest Product, Mno Sleeps, Mogwai, Mono, **Mouth of The Architect, My Majestic Star, On Fire, O�phoi & Tau Ceti, Pan American, Pelican, Pete Namlook & Mixmaster Morris, pg.lost, Piglet, Polmo Polpo, Ratatat, Red Sparowes, *Redjetson, The Redneck Manifesto, Robert Rich, **Rosetta, Rumah Sakit, Russian Circles, Saxon Shore, Signal Hill, The Six Parts Seven, Sky, Solyaris, Sonna, Stars of the Lid, Steve Roach, Surface of Eceon, Swims, Tal, Tarentel, Terre Thaemlitz, ***This Is Your Captain Speaking, This Will Destroy You, Thom Brennan, Tim Hecker, Tortoise, Tristeza, Turing Machine, Ulrich Schnauss, Upsilon Acrux, Waveform Transmission, When I Know You Will Too, Windy & Carl, Yppah, 1 Mile North, 65daysofstatic, 518vsJOEL, 37500 Yens.
*Redjetson is not instrumental but could be considered a version of Explosions in The Sky with lyrics.
**Mouth of The Architect and Rosetta are 50/50. 50% singing and 50% instrumentals. However they are both metal bands so if the screaming isn't you're thing...
***This Is Your Captain Speaking is absolutely fantastic. Both albums are on the iTunes store so go get a preview!
more...
xStep
Apr 3, 04:01 PM
As I said, you need to be explicit about what it is you have and the result you want. For instance...
I have a dictionary that I'd like to use with a UIPickerView to select two values from and display in two UILabels in my app. The dictionary key is a string to be displayed in the first component of the picker. The dictionary value for each key is an array of strings. When the left component changes, I'd like the second component to reflect the appropriate values for the key. Finally, I'd like to use the selected values with my labels.
And yes, current code sample can help and is often asked for because it can make clearer what problem a person is having. When you supply code, wrap it in the CODE tags.
I have a dictionary that I'd like to use with a UIPickerView to select two values from and display in two UILabels in my app. The dictionary key is a string to be displayed in the first component of the picker. The dictionary value for each key is an array of strings. When the left component changes, I'd like the second component to reflect the appropriate values for the key. Finally, I'd like to use the selected values with my labels.
And yes, current code sample can help and is often asked for because it can make clearer what problem a person is having. When you supply code, wrap it in the CODE tags.
CoachWade
May 4, 03:41 PM
Buying from gainsaver? (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.macrumors.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D612588&ei=77bBTa6yIafq0gHO7Ki3Cg&usg=AFQjCNEB3h6UNgw1H9qie983HvEUz3XMMg&sig2=obEZeDrL4wOfi3Wb9ELCfw)
Is GainSaver serious? (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CEUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.macrumors.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D733508&ei=77bBTa6yIafq0gHO7Ki3Cg&usg=AFQjCNFDwSKBWt0mP7bpLVMyKLMTNJ2VDQ&sig2=5S3DBWJ6iCeNDr4oscL2bQ)
Thanks GG. As I said, I should have researched Gainsaver more carefully here in this very forum prior to purchasing from them. Hopefully I can save someone else the elevated heartrate and sheer frustration of dealing with those clowns.
~D.
Is GainSaver serious? (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CEUQFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.macrumors.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D733508&ei=77bBTa6yIafq0gHO7Ki3Cg&usg=AFQjCNFDwSKBWt0mP7bpLVMyKLMTNJ2VDQ&sig2=5S3DBWJ6iCeNDr4oscL2bQ)
Thanks GG. As I said, I should have researched Gainsaver more carefully here in this very forum prior to purchasing from them. Hopefully I can save someone else the elevated heartrate and sheer frustration of dealing with those clowns.
~D.
more...
ajvizzgamer101
May 1, 02:28 PM
CleanMyMac is a pretty good application.
furcalchick
Oct 26, 09:30 PM
wasn't much, and they were from my not iphone phone camera. but it's better than nothing, and i'm really impressed at leopard by the demos (as i said, i wasn't buying leopard today, i was really only there for the t-shirt:))
shot from the entrance of the register tables
http://lime.quickshareit.com/share/photo00497c3ce.jpg
the leopard shirt in the bag
http://orange.quickshareit.com/share/photo00504de0b.jpg
view looking towards the mall
http://grapefruit.quickshareit.com/share/photo0051fafb0.jpg
a mac genius holding someone's leopard copy ready to take home
http://grapefruit.quickshareit.com/share/photo00520d733.jpg
shot from the entrance of the register tables
http://lime.quickshareit.com/share/photo00497c3ce.jpg
the leopard shirt in the bag
http://orange.quickshareit.com/share/photo00504de0b.jpg
view looking towards the mall
http://grapefruit.quickshareit.com/share/photo0051fafb0.jpg
a mac genius holding someone's leopard copy ready to take home
http://grapefruit.quickshareit.com/share/photo00520d733.jpg
more...
legreve
Apr 13, 10:54 AM
Hehe, I'm considering changing the thread title to "the curse of the vertex"....

Kelly Preston: Charlie Sheen
more...

fiancee Kelly Preston has

FREE amp; New Kelly Preston

Kelly Preston in Warner
iBlue
Jan 15, 07:44 AM
yeah ok, I had a massive brain fart. many pardons.
more...
Broc27
Apr 26, 05:58 PM
Basically the Mac Pro comes in two different fundamental configurations: a single CPU version and a dual CPU version. These are two different chipsets and unless you reeeally like overspending it is not wise to change this later.
Consider your needs and first of all determine if the software you'll be using can take advantage of a high number of cores. If you don't know a google or forums search can help, you can also ask about specific software here.
Once you have determined how many cores you need (or want) you can go straight to the model you need (stock or customized at the apple online store) or, if you are feeling adventurous, you can, as you are proposing, buy a single cpu or dual cpu model and upgrade it with very specific processors. If you want a dual CPU model you CAN'T mix different processors; they have to be identical. If you buy a single CPU model you CAN'T add another CPU later unless you also change the chipset, which is, as I said, very expensive.
I'd say more here about which CPUs you can upgrade to but I think you first need to determine your actual needs and your budget.
Consider your needs and first of all determine if the software you'll be using can take advantage of a high number of cores. If you don't know a google or forums search can help, you can also ask about specific software here.
Once you have determined how many cores you need (or want) you can go straight to the model you need (stock or customized at the apple online store) or, if you are feeling adventurous, you can, as you are proposing, buy a single cpu or dual cpu model and upgrade it with very specific processors. If you want a dual CPU model you CAN'T mix different processors; they have to be identical. If you buy a single CPU model you CAN'T add another CPU later unless you also change the chipset, which is, as I said, very expensive.
I'd say more here about which CPUs you can upgrade to but I think you first need to determine your actual needs and your budget.
Luke Redpath
Jul 25, 07:03 PM
You are quite mistake, this second preview is near feature complete. It needs some polishing, but for the most part it's nearly ready to be shipped.
Sorry, but it is nowhere near ready to be shipped. It easily needs another 3-6 months. It's still buggy, has performance issues and many features are still missing.
Sorry, but it is nowhere near ready to be shipped. It easily needs another 3-6 months. It's still buggy, has performance issues and many features are still missing.
cosmos
Apr 23, 02:00 AM
I have purchased OWC memory as well as other hardware for years. I had a failure of a memory module that was replaced under their lifetime warranty without any hassle. They even replaced the other module in the same bank just to ensure that there would be zero problems.
I have total confidence in both their products and their warranty support. Something that is becoming rare today from most retailers. Another plus is that they have better prices as well.
I have total confidence in both their products and their warranty support. Something that is becoming rare today from most retailers. Another plus is that they have better prices as well.
bmservice
Apr 27, 04:02 AM
I just got the iPhone 4 for Verizon and I usually would let my phone die all the way and then charge it for 12 hours to get it completely charged. Is it the same for the iPhone 4 or does it not matter? If it does matter is it longer than 12 hours? Also, can leaving your phone plugged in when it is fully charged hurt it? Thanks!
Just charge it freely.Most mobile phones now use lithium batteries as power supply. So you are not necessary to overcharge it at all. Don't worry that it will do some harm to your battery.
Just charge it freely.Most mobile phones now use lithium batteries as power supply. So you are not necessary to overcharge it at all. Don't worry that it will do some harm to your battery.
trainguy77
Nov 18, 10:50 AM
Care to elaborate? Since I updated to 1.72 I haven't had any problems with it... I just completed my first WU for Team MacRumors!
Our friend there is on PowerPC. His production is.......lacking.:D You have time for now......but not for long!!!! I am putting out over 1000 points a day I will catch you!
Our friend there is on PowerPC. His production is.......lacking.:D You have time for now......but not for long!!!! I am putting out over 1000 points a day I will catch you!
Trowaman
Sep 15, 11:40 PM
I'm very much linkin' this. Now, we need tv commercials for this thing . . .
Under every tree, Star Wars DVD Box set which you can watch on your brand new iMac G5.
*wishful thinking*
Under every tree, Star Wars DVD Box set which you can watch on your brand new iMac G5.
*wishful thinking*
debroglie
Apr 16, 05:45 AM
Also, keep in mind that many people report the VGA output as looking "washed out." I know that I did have that problem when I was using the official VGA cable, so I switched back to component.
I would suggest springing for the elite.
I would suggest springing for the elite.
PaRaGoNViCtiM
Nov 28, 06:08 PM
i can offer 70$ shipped to the uk !
sorry all i got very low i know :)
Sent you a PM.
sorry all i got very low i know :)
Sent you a PM.