CatsintheCraddle
05-04 05:47 PM
I have written the ombudsman with an update after their initial inquiry and two of my state senators regarding this. I am confident we sent everything requested in the RFE but it's my word against theirs since we have sent it a total of three times; in the original application, then for two RFE's. Obviously, they are not very competent or they are not telling us what document they really need becuase they keep asking for tax docs.
I only have until May 12 to make a decision because they sent the letter of denial out so late compared to when they dated the denial. By the time the ombudsman gets back to me, my window of opportunity to file a motion will be gone.
It's so frustrating to deal with these people!
I only have until May 12 to make a decision because they sent the letter of denial out so late compared to when they dated the denial. By the time the ombudsman gets back to me, my window of opportunity to file a motion will be gone.
It's so frustrating to deal with these people!
wallpaper inspiring quotes for women.

morchu
05-04 12:37 PM
AR11 is legal requirement. And that is the first step.
But apparently USCIS system doesnt update your address on pending applications, with a seach by Name. So in the second step, you need to provide the application receipt numbers and update your address on them.
What is the second step you are referring to? I thought only an online AR-11 is good enough.
I will be changing my address next month (same zip code and state).
But apparently USCIS system doesnt update your address on pending applications, with a seach by Name. So in the second step, you need to provide the application receipt numbers and update your address on them.
What is the second step you are referring to? I thought only an online AR-11 is good enough.
I will be changing my address next month (same zip code and state).
reddymjm
04-17 03:48 PM
As per today I have an H1b visa, I have my I140 approved, and my 6th year ends on April 25, 2008. My actual employer have gave me a contract that says that upon I become a permanent resident i will have to work for him for 5 years, then if I quit after the 5th year or before I will not able to work on the same industry on all the united states, also mention what my salary would be but there is no mention of increase. Since I will have to wait until my residence at least 3 more years, that means that I will have to work on these conditions for 8 or 9 years.!!!!
I do not know what to do , this is almost illegal (I think !), do I have time to change employer and do again my visa, and I140, so I don't lost status ??
If you have a copy of ur LC and I140 you are good to go. Any one can get a 3 year extension on an approved I140. If the rule comes in that you should use ur labor within 45 days of approval. There is nothing ur employer can do to you. If you do not have a copy try getting a copy of your labor and I140.
I do not know what to do , this is almost illegal (I think !), do I have time to change employer and do again my visa, and I140, so I don't lost status ??
If you have a copy of ur LC and I140 you are good to go. Any one can get a 3 year extension on an approved I140. If the rule comes in that you should use ur labor within 45 days of approval. There is nothing ur employer can do to you. If you do not have a copy try getting a copy of your labor and I140.
2011 inspirational quotes and
snathan
04-13 08:19 PM
Hi,
I am Canadian citizen lived in Canada for 9 years. In 2005, I moved to USA on TN visa. Here is my case details.....
Priority Date : Jun-06
Category : EB2
I140 Approved : 08/15/2006
Chargeability : India
Processing Stage : I-485, EAD, AP
I485 Mailed Date : 07/02/2007
My daughter is born in Canada in year 2000.
My quastion is can I use my daughter's birth country for cross chargeability. I know this is not very common, most of the time spouse's country of birth can be used for cross chargeability. But while I was googling I found the defination on the below website....
http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Dictionary/C1.asp
Cross Chargeability : When a Green Card applicant is subject to a quota waiting list, but is the child or the spouse of persons born in a country with more favorable quota, the applicant may cross charge to the most favorable quota.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks
If you can do that....I am sure most of the folks can do their child's chargeability as US and get the GC in matter of months... Anyway check with the attorney and update us...
I am Canadian citizen lived in Canada for 9 years. In 2005, I moved to USA on TN visa. Here is my case details.....
Priority Date : Jun-06
Category : EB2
I140 Approved : 08/15/2006
Chargeability : India
Processing Stage : I-485, EAD, AP
I485 Mailed Date : 07/02/2007
My daughter is born in Canada in year 2000.
My quastion is can I use my daughter's birth country for cross chargeability. I know this is not very common, most of the time spouse's country of birth can be used for cross chargeability. But while I was googling I found the defination on the below website....
http://www.visapro.com/Immigration-Dictionary/C1.asp
Cross Chargeability : When a Green Card applicant is subject to a quota waiting list, but is the child or the spouse of persons born in a country with more favorable quota, the applicant may cross charge to the most favorable quota.
I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks
If you can do that....I am sure most of the folks can do their child's chargeability as US and get the GC in matter of months... Anyway check with the attorney and update us...
more...

RajWantsGC
05-19 03:20 PM
Online case status and infopass are useful for things like address change, namecheck status, finger printing issues , and other issues being dealt where no processing or less processing is required like GC not received, approval not received , letters lost etc...
When it comes to such complicated issues, you have to get real help.
Basically - you have to somehow cut through beurocracy and get your issues resolved.
Good luck, I am sure, things will get under control soon.
Thank you Chandu for the reply. You are right about the info pass. Yesterday I took the info pass. I thought it would be very helpful because I can talk to IO face to face and explain my situation in detail. One thing I would appreciate about IO is she was very patient and she tried to understand my case fully. But at last she said she cannot help me. She said the only option I have left is just to wait to hear from AAO. She said her daily job is to give the latest status of the cases, giving immigration forms and help people if they have any doubts.
I asked her that can I file EAD when my MTR for I485 is pending with AAO? She was not sure about it. Then she made a call to Nebraska Service Centre and found out that I can file EAD. I need to attach I290B receipt along with EAP application form. I am just wondering has any one has done this before? Is that really possible?
Thanks
Raj
When it comes to such complicated issues, you have to get real help.
Basically - you have to somehow cut through beurocracy and get your issues resolved.
Good luck, I am sure, things will get under control soon.
Thank you Chandu for the reply. You are right about the info pass. Yesterday I took the info pass. I thought it would be very helpful because I can talk to IO face to face and explain my situation in detail. One thing I would appreciate about IO is she was very patient and she tried to understand my case fully. But at last she said she cannot help me. She said the only option I have left is just to wait to hear from AAO. She said her daily job is to give the latest status of the cases, giving immigration forms and help people if they have any doubts.
I asked her that can I file EAD when my MTR for I485 is pending with AAO? She was not sure about it. Then she made a call to Nebraska Service Centre and found out that I can file EAD. I need to attach I290B receipt along with EAP application form. I am just wondering has any one has done this before? Is that really possible?
Thanks
Raj
vamsi_poondla
09-10 10:00 AM
I ordered the Golf Tee - United colors of IV just now with the 1 to 5 business day shipping option, the second option. As I am planning to drive down Monday evening - I am hopeful that I will get it by then.
I would still recommend that we bring a lot of shirts of various sizes to the rally. People will definitely buy them there.
I would love to order online. But starting from Tampa on Friday itself. Is it possible to offer some at DC. I will definitely buy it. (I am sure many will buy)
I would still recommend that we bring a lot of shirts of various sizes to the rally. People will definitely buy them there.
I would love to order online. But starting from Tampa on Friday itself. Is it possible to offer some at DC. I will definitely buy it. (I am sure many will buy)
more...

B+ve
05-15 01:19 PM
I would like to clarify one thing....
Are these Certifications from Sun Microsystems, Oracle and IBM consider as supporting documents for 4 year degree or equivalent to any educational qualifications or experience?
I mean, people are doing these certifications even with out a job or while on bench....
I do not want to degrade or project these certifications in low profile or so, I do know the value of these certifications while searching for a job, but could not understand how they will help you in education or experience with USCIS.
Correct me if I am wrong.....
- B+ve
Are these Certifications from Sun Microsystems, Oracle and IBM consider as supporting documents for 4 year degree or equivalent to any educational qualifications or experience?
I mean, people are doing these certifications even with out a job or while on bench....
I do not want to degrade or project these certifications in low profile or so, I do know the value of these certifications while searching for a job, but could not understand how they will help you in education or experience with USCIS.
Correct me if I am wrong.....
- B+ve
2010 hair best inspirational quotes
ssbaruah@yahoo.com
06-01 01:24 PM
I have my paystub till Jan 2009 and now I am out of status. A couple of employers are ready to transfer my H1B with project, but when they came to know that I have paystub till Jan 2009 then they stay back.
I will appreciate if you urgently let me know the ways to do the transfer my H1B.
I will appreciate if you urgently let me know the ways to do the transfer my H1B.
more...
ItIsNotFunny
12-08 11:15 PM
If you believe me, just ignore and concentrate on real issues like Obama immigration panel, FOIA & AC21 action items.
Gave you green, it that helps :).
Somebody recently gave me a red dot for one of my posts, which is alright, but the person qualified it with a highly offensive Hindi expletive. The words are too obscene to be posted in open forum so I will refrain from reproducing them.
I want IV to reveal the name of the culprit, and ban him/her immediately. Failing which, I will have to evaluate other options to seek redress.
Needless to say, this whole dot mongering is seriously flawed and needs rethinking.
Gave you green, it that helps :).
Somebody recently gave me a red dot for one of my posts, which is alright, but the person qualified it with a highly offensive Hindi expletive. The words are too obscene to be posted in open forum so I will refrain from reproducing them.
I want IV to reveal the name of the culprit, and ban him/her immediately. Failing which, I will have to evaluate other options to seek redress.
Needless to say, this whole dot mongering is seriously flawed and needs rethinking.
hair inspiring quotes for women.
a1b2c3
12-19 09:26 AM
I asked my friend about this, since he has not had any idea he asked his friend, who suggsted to talk to another friend of his friend who knows little about immigration and he told my friend of friend of friend that "Tell your friend or be assured that you can not talk for your friend in immigration related issues".
Guys, we are entering 2010...
redcard and igcard, why don't you guys just fuck off?
Guys, we are entering 2010...
redcard and igcard, why don't you guys just fuck off?
more...
gene77
08-15 08:28 PM
Hi, I recently filed my I-485 using my pre-approved Eb3 I-140 (PD:May 2004). Around a month back, I applied a new EB2 I140 and that got approved today so I have ported my PDs to this new EB2 I-140. Now, I am planning to file an amendment to replace the EB3 I-140 with EB2 I-140 attached with my I-485. Some people call this process as interfiling too. Can somebody please let me know if he/she has done it before and how long does it take to get affected?
I plan to do this but I am waiting for my EB2 I-140 to be approved. Please see below, I have attached some info I got from Mathew Oh's website. Did you say you applied for your I-140 only 1 month ago and it got approved already? I applied for my EB2 I-140 in Nov and still don't have any approvals.
//NSC Procedure of Transfer of Pending I-1485 From Current Approved Underlying I-140 Petition to New I-140 Petition
� This posting involves aliens who are waiting for the I-485 applications where the underlying I-140 petition was approved but due to retrogression, I-485 cannot be approved. Most of these cases are EB-3 cases. When the same alien obtains an EB-2 labor certification approval through the same employer or a different employer and the visa number is available for the EB-2 for him or her, he should be eligible for filing another I-485 application based on the visa number available EB-2 I-140 petition. This can be achieved either by concurrent I-140/I-485 filing or if the new EB-2 I-140 has already been approved, by filing of stand-alone I-485 application.
� However, in the foregoing situation, the Pearson Memo of 2000 allows the alien to transfer the pending I-485 application from the existing underlying approved I-140 petition to a new EB-2 I-140 petition such that the alien does not have to file another I-485 application to use the second I-140 petition. For this to happen, two conditions must be met: (1) The existing underlying I-140 petition (most likely EB-3) must have been approved before the I-485 transfer is requested. (2) Secondly, the visa number must be "current" for the new I-140 petition (most likely EB-2) before the I-485 transfer is requested. Inasmuch as the visa number is current, the pending I-485 application that suffer from the visa number retrogression can be transferred to the nex I-140 petition.
� According to the Nebraska Service Center, people should take the following procedure to request such transfer of pending I-485 application from one I-140 petition to another I-140 petition:
o Request for Transfer of Pending I-485 Application to a Newly Filed I-140 Petition That Has Visa Number Current: In this situation, he/she is filing a new I-140 petition (probably EB-2 with visa number "current") with the agency to transfer the pending I-485 application and attach it to the new I-140 petition. The NSC states that if he/she files such new I-140 petition, he/she should use "large, bold print in the cover letter or with a separate, brightly colored cover page and notation 'Inter-file I-140 with Pending I-485' and include the Receipt/File Number of Pending I-485 Application, both on the Envelope and Cover Letter.
o Request for Transfer of Pending I-485 Application to Already Approved New I-140 (most likely EB-2 category): NSC asks to print the attached over sheet on brightly colored paper, and submitting it with a cover letter providing the following Information:
Name of 485 applicant
Name of I-140 petitioner (employer)
I-485 Receipt Number
"A" Number of the 485 applicant
Prior I-140 petition (1) Receipt Number, (2) Filing Date, and (3) Approval Date
New I-140 to be inter-filed
Statement requesting new I-140 be inter-filed with the pending I-485 application
//
I plan to do this but I am waiting for my EB2 I-140 to be approved. Please see below, I have attached some info I got from Mathew Oh's website. Did you say you applied for your I-140 only 1 month ago and it got approved already? I applied for my EB2 I-140 in Nov and still don't have any approvals.
//NSC Procedure of Transfer of Pending I-1485 From Current Approved Underlying I-140 Petition to New I-140 Petition
� This posting involves aliens who are waiting for the I-485 applications where the underlying I-140 petition was approved but due to retrogression, I-485 cannot be approved. Most of these cases are EB-3 cases. When the same alien obtains an EB-2 labor certification approval through the same employer or a different employer and the visa number is available for the EB-2 for him or her, he should be eligible for filing another I-485 application based on the visa number available EB-2 I-140 petition. This can be achieved either by concurrent I-140/I-485 filing or if the new EB-2 I-140 has already been approved, by filing of stand-alone I-485 application.
� However, in the foregoing situation, the Pearson Memo of 2000 allows the alien to transfer the pending I-485 application from the existing underlying approved I-140 petition to a new EB-2 I-140 petition such that the alien does not have to file another I-485 application to use the second I-140 petition. For this to happen, two conditions must be met: (1) The existing underlying I-140 petition (most likely EB-3) must have been approved before the I-485 transfer is requested. (2) Secondly, the visa number must be "current" for the new I-140 petition (most likely EB-2) before the I-485 transfer is requested. Inasmuch as the visa number is current, the pending I-485 application that suffer from the visa number retrogression can be transferred to the nex I-140 petition.
� According to the Nebraska Service Center, people should take the following procedure to request such transfer of pending I-485 application from one I-140 petition to another I-140 petition:
o Request for Transfer of Pending I-485 Application to a Newly Filed I-140 Petition That Has Visa Number Current: In this situation, he/she is filing a new I-140 petition (probably EB-2 with visa number "current") with the agency to transfer the pending I-485 application and attach it to the new I-140 petition. The NSC states that if he/she files such new I-140 petition, he/she should use "large, bold print in the cover letter or with a separate, brightly colored cover page and notation 'Inter-file I-140 with Pending I-485' and include the Receipt/File Number of Pending I-485 Application, both on the Envelope and Cover Letter.
o Request for Transfer of Pending I-485 Application to Already Approved New I-140 (most likely EB-2 category): NSC asks to print the attached over sheet on brightly colored paper, and submitting it with a cover letter providing the following Information:
Name of 485 applicant
Name of I-140 petitioner (employer)
I-485 Receipt Number
"A" Number of the 485 applicant
Prior I-140 petition (1) Receipt Number, (2) Filing Date, and (3) Approval Date
New I-140 to be inter-filed
Statement requesting new I-140 be inter-filed with the pending I-485 application
//
hot inspirational quotes from
arnab221
11-21 03:09 PM
The airlines generally take them away and send it to USCIS.
more...
house inspiring quotes for women.
nomorelogins
01-28 08:52 PM
@nozerd,
could you please explain the logic/rules.
The logic is that if both parents are Indians even if kid is born in US and travels on US passport as kid they have until the age of 18 to choose.
could you please explain the logic/rules.
The logic is that if both parents are Indians even if kid is born in US and travels on US passport as kid they have until the age of 18 to choose.
tattoo inspirational sayings
actonwang
06-16 09:25 PM
thanks! GC4menow,
Kind of surprise and wonder how you get this kind of info. Is it a given rule or you got it from some friends from USCIS? It looks make sense but:
1. What is USDOS for? Department of state? Who decides Retrogression?
2. In summary, if it is "Current", USCIS processes all files by RD (receive date), and if it has retrogresstion, then they change to process files by PD.
Do they churn/reorder all cases each month according to if it is "current" or not? Any logic behind it?
I hope that sb can write "inside gc process":)
Kind of surprise and wonder how you get this kind of info. Is it a given rule or you got it from some friends from USCIS? It looks make sense but:
1. What is USDOS for? Department of state? Who decides Retrogression?
2. In summary, if it is "Current", USCIS processes all files by RD (receive date), and if it has retrogresstion, then they change to process files by PD.
Do they churn/reorder all cases each month according to if it is "current" or not? Any logic behind it?
I hope that sb can write "inside gc process":)
more...
pictures motivational quotes and images

yagw
03-07 12:44 PM
With this present economic status I think a lot of I-485 that is still pending faces layoffs or had been laid off, particularly in my field in architecture. I just wish It wont happen to those who have waited for so long to get their green card.
I was laid off last Feb. 19/ 09. I had my I-140 approved last Aug 2006 and my I-485 is still pending for more than a year now.
The day before I got laid off from work, I talked to the immigration personnel in charge in my company and he told me that they wont cancel my I-485 in case I get laid off and advice me to inform them when I found a new sponsor to carry over my I-485.
Since the law is not clear how long can I stay unemployed, would there be something to worry in my present situation? I just need an answer that could lift up my hope.Just like everybody else, Ive waited for so long for my green card, and when I landed this big company, I thought this is where I would get my Green card but that hope was shattered when I got laid off. There is no job out there and it could drag on for months.
For those who got their Green card and those who are blessed to be born in this great country, your advice or input in my situation is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
From your information, I dont know what country you belong to. Only issue here is, if you get an RFE when you're unemployed. If you're in one of those backlogged countries (India, China) then I would say you have enough time to find another job (given that your PD is 2006 and EB3 category). The USCIS will not touch your case for another year at least :)
DISCLAIMER: I am not an Attorney and this is not a legal advice
I was laid off last Feb. 19/ 09. I had my I-140 approved last Aug 2006 and my I-485 is still pending for more than a year now.
The day before I got laid off from work, I talked to the immigration personnel in charge in my company and he told me that they wont cancel my I-485 in case I get laid off and advice me to inform them when I found a new sponsor to carry over my I-485.
Since the law is not clear how long can I stay unemployed, would there be something to worry in my present situation? I just need an answer that could lift up my hope.Just like everybody else, Ive waited for so long for my green card, and when I landed this big company, I thought this is where I would get my Green card but that hope was shattered when I got laid off. There is no job out there and it could drag on for months.
For those who got their Green card and those who are blessed to be born in this great country, your advice or input in my situation is very much appreciated.
Thank you.
From your information, I dont know what country you belong to. Only issue here is, if you get an RFE when you're unemployed. If you're in one of those backlogged countries (India, China) then I would say you have enough time to find another job (given that your PD is 2006 and EB3 category). The USCIS will not touch your case for another year at least :)
DISCLAIMER: I am not an Attorney and this is not a legal advice
dresses pictures inspirational sayings
ksrao1234
05-28 09:03 PM
Even i am in same boat. My case was pending since 2003 (from Oct 2007 with local office). Security and background check pending with senators enquiry. This month i filed WOM. Waiting for response.
more...
makeup inspirational quotes about women. inspirational quotes for kids.
desiin_va
04-23 01:23 PM
This email is useless as nowhere in the email the alien's name is mentioned.
In USCIS website you only have the option to add a case with the receipt number. They don't verify whether this case belongs to you or not.
If your company/attorney gives you a receipt # that belongs to another person�s I-140 application, still you will get this email.
The only option you have is to request for a copy of I-140 using G-639 form under FOIA.
I agree, the email response is no help.
Can you please elaborate on how to request copy I-140 using G-639 form under FOIA?
In USCIS website you only have the option to add a case with the receipt number. They don't verify whether this case belongs to you or not.
If your company/attorney gives you a receipt # that belongs to another person�s I-140 application, still you will get this email.
The only option you have is to request for a copy of I-140 using G-639 form under FOIA.
I agree, the email response is no help.
Can you please elaborate on how to request copy I-140 using G-639 form under FOIA?
girlfriend inspirational quotes for women.
xbohdpukc
09-25 11:59 AM
The Immigration Nationality Act does not say specifically that h4 time is added towards h1 time. It is the way laws interpreted by uscis that states h4 time counted towards H1. USCIS can change their interpretation by merely issuing a memo.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=454&page=3
see this thread.
Maybe it is a good idea to contact the Ombudsman about this issue.
I'm not a lawyer, but my assumption would be that this is cannot be changed by an USCIS memo. Why? Because H4 is simply a derivative status which means that it obeys all the rules pertinent to the primary beneficiary's status plus additional restrictions imposed to the particular classification by law. H status is restricted to 6 year continuous presence in the US.
It would be helpful to find the definition of a derivative status; INA does not provide such definition, but I'm sure they wouldn't be using these words loosely without a proper definition.
So my guess would be is that the answer to the question of "decoupling" H4 and H1b time will boil down to the answer to another question: what really defines a derivative status.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=454&page=3
see this thread.
Maybe it is a good idea to contact the Ombudsman about this issue.
I'm not a lawyer, but my assumption would be that this is cannot be changed by an USCIS memo. Why? Because H4 is simply a derivative status which means that it obeys all the rules pertinent to the primary beneficiary's status plus additional restrictions imposed to the particular classification by law. H status is restricted to 6 year continuous presence in the US.
It would be helpful to find the definition of a derivative status; INA does not provide such definition, but I'm sure they wouldn't be using these words loosely without a proper definition.
So my guess would be is that the answer to the question of "decoupling" H4 and H1b time will boil down to the answer to another question: what really defines a derivative status.
hairstyles inspiring quotes for women.

Rb_newsletter
12-22 02:19 PM
I just saw this posting in murthy site and thought of sharing the info here.
MurthyDotCom : 221(g) Visa Stamp is Considered a Visa Refusal (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_221gst.html)
It looks completely ridiculous for me. Why should it be considered refusal after approval stamping?
MurthyDotCom : 221(g) Visa Stamp is Considered a Visa Refusal (http://www.murthy.com/news/n_221gst.html)
It looks completely ridiculous for me. Why should it be considered refusal after approval stamping?
p_kumar
12-04 11:09 PM
Eyes already on citizenship!. appreciate your optimism.:D
yjprakash
10-20 04:07 PM
I faxed expedite processing request on last Tuesday and sent email to Ombudsman.
there was soft LUD on same day (address change) on my 485 & EAD & AP. Today status changed to card ordered for production. what a relief!!!!!!!!!
but any thing can happen till it comes to my hand
Here is the fax number for NSC 4022196344
I have infopass appointment on 24th. Should I go or cancel that appointment now ???
there was soft LUD on same day (address change) on my 485 & EAD & AP. Today status changed to card ordered for production. what a relief!!!!!!!!!
but any thing can happen till it comes to my hand
Here is the fax number for NSC 4022196344
I have infopass appointment on 24th. Should I go or cancel that appointment now ???