boston_gc
06-12 08:52 AM
I think you are absolutely right. The only chance that legals have is through a CIR. I have been watching the trends for the last 3 years and everytime anyone wants to put anything for legals, it is shot down. It is not that house and senate can;t do it but it will be a political suicide. It really doesn't matter - you are democrat or republican. All Americans are afraid to lose jobs. They are concerned about immigrants taking away jobs. In my opinion, things will continue like this at least for next couple of years or so.
Pitha (shree)
if you read previous discussion and particulary logiclife post, you will find, any immigration reform bill will not be discussed let alone passed until it resolves illegal immigration issue
gone are the days where h1b increase use to be part of some budget bill.
you just can't do that any more
only chance SKILL has is thru CIR or other forum where it address illegal issue,
my point is we don't need any legislative change at this point,
IV is for legals who are already here legally and our demands are very simple, such as if they allow use to file I485 with being current and if they use unused visa numbers and allocate them to over subscribed countries our life will be lot better,
we need to rethink our stratergy and stop knocking these law makers, who cares only about illegals, either they are against them or far them, but they just don't really care about legals
Pitha (shree)
if you read previous discussion and particulary logiclife post, you will find, any immigration reform bill will not be discussed let alone passed until it resolves illegal immigration issue
gone are the days where h1b increase use to be part of some budget bill.
you just can't do that any more
only chance SKILL has is thru CIR or other forum where it address illegal issue,
my point is we don't need any legislative change at this point,
IV is for legals who are already here legally and our demands are very simple, such as if they allow use to file I485 with being current and if they use unused visa numbers and allocate them to over subscribed countries our life will be lot better,
we need to rethink our stratergy and stop knocking these law makers, who cares only about illegals, either they are against them or far them, but they just don't really care about legals
wallpaper Black Lantern shirt while

53885
08-15 08:51 PM
If people were not busy preparing for Sept 18th DC rally, this thread would have been 20 pages plus, but if you REALLY want to discuss some thing then here it is........
Employment Based (EB) Green Card (GC) Laws
� The yearly GC quota is 140K. This includes GC for spouse and children. On an average, GCs are given to ~60K families.
� Each country is allotted 7% (of 140K) GCs (equally distributed among EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3) plus any unused visa from other countries. For India, average numbers of EB GCs issued in last seven years were 32K (~12K families).
� As per USCIS Ombudsman report
o Between 2001-07, USCIS was not able process all applications and hence ~155K GCs went waste as unused GCs in a year can not be reused in following years. This was most likely due to resource constraints.
o The report estimates the submission of 500K-750K (yes 500K+) AOS applications between June 1 and August 17 2007.
o FBI security checks may be the single biggest obstacle to the timely and efficient delivery of immigration benefits.
� There were ~200K pending EB Adjustment of Status (AOS) or I-1485 applications as of June 1st.
� So far EAD renewal has been taking around 3 months. Due to the volume of applications, EAD renewal may take 3-9 months. Thus, you may have to apply for renewal more frequently.
� FBI security check backlog is likely to get worse, because the August USCIS fee increase has prompted a 50 percent rise in new naturalization applications so far this year.
� EB Immigration reform does not have enough support in Congress (failure of SKILL, STEM ..). As a matter of fact, it does not even get enough support to make it debatable, let alone final voting.
� The laws need to be changed and the process improved to fix the situation.
What does it mean?
� There will be around 1Million AOS/I-485) applications by Aug 17 which will take 1M/140K = 7+ years to clear the backlog. Thus, late priority dates will remain retrogressed for several years.
� Some, who could not file AOS by 08/17, may have to wait for several years (5+ years).
� Longer EAD/AP renewals cycle and 1 year validity may have the following affects.
o You will have to stop working, if your EAD is not renewed in time.
o Several employers (and rightly so) may view EAD as a temporary permit and may be reluctant to hire you.
� You have to be in the same position with same job responsibilities for an indefinite time period, otherwise your GC application will be rejected.
� If you were unmarried at the time of filing and planning to bring spouse to the USA upon marriage, you will need to continue on current status (e.g. H-1B) or wait till your PD become current.
Immigration Voice (IV) Executive and Legislative Efforts
� Lobbying is an efficient tool to influence law and rule making.
� IV was very active in lobbying for CIR 2006, which was passed in Senate but failed in House.
� IV grass-root effort (flower campaign + San Jose Rally) was an important reason for retraction of July Visa Bulletin.
� Due to upcoming presidential elections, next congress session in October�07 may be our only window of opportunity for several years to influence the lawmakers.
Your options:
a) Struggle for several years.
b) Leave USA
c) Help yourself by joining IV.
Employment Based (EB) Green Card (GC) Laws
� The yearly GC quota is 140K. This includes GC for spouse and children. On an average, GCs are given to ~60K families.
� Each country is allotted 7% (of 140K) GCs (equally distributed among EB-1, EB-2 and EB-3) plus any unused visa from other countries. For India, average numbers of EB GCs issued in last seven years were 32K (~12K families).
� As per USCIS Ombudsman report
o Between 2001-07, USCIS was not able process all applications and hence ~155K GCs went waste as unused GCs in a year can not be reused in following years. This was most likely due to resource constraints.
o The report estimates the submission of 500K-750K (yes 500K+) AOS applications between June 1 and August 17 2007.
o FBI security checks may be the single biggest obstacle to the timely and efficient delivery of immigration benefits.
� There were ~200K pending EB Adjustment of Status (AOS) or I-1485 applications as of June 1st.
� So far EAD renewal has been taking around 3 months. Due to the volume of applications, EAD renewal may take 3-9 months. Thus, you may have to apply for renewal more frequently.
� FBI security check backlog is likely to get worse, because the August USCIS fee increase has prompted a 50 percent rise in new naturalization applications so far this year.
� EB Immigration reform does not have enough support in Congress (failure of SKILL, STEM ..). As a matter of fact, it does not even get enough support to make it debatable, let alone final voting.
� The laws need to be changed and the process improved to fix the situation.
What does it mean?
� There will be around 1Million AOS/I-485) applications by Aug 17 which will take 1M/140K = 7+ years to clear the backlog. Thus, late priority dates will remain retrogressed for several years.
� Some, who could not file AOS by 08/17, may have to wait for several years (5+ years).
� Longer EAD/AP renewals cycle and 1 year validity may have the following affects.
o You will have to stop working, if your EAD is not renewed in time.
o Several employers (and rightly so) may view EAD as a temporary permit and may be reluctant to hire you.
� You have to be in the same position with same job responsibilities for an indefinite time period, otherwise your GC application will be rejected.
� If you were unmarried at the time of filing and planning to bring spouse to the USA upon marriage, you will need to continue on current status (e.g. H-1B) or wait till your PD become current.
Immigration Voice (IV) Executive and Legislative Efforts
� Lobbying is an efficient tool to influence law and rule making.
� IV was very active in lobbying for CIR 2006, which was passed in Senate but failed in House.
� IV grass-root effort (flower campaign + San Jose Rally) was an important reason for retraction of July Visa Bulletin.
� Due to upcoming presidential elections, next congress session in October�07 may be our only window of opportunity for several years to influence the lawmakers.
Your options:
a) Struggle for several years.
b) Leave USA
c) Help yourself by joining IV.
ArkBird
04-06 07:25 PM
Again, What was POE?
Sure I will give the link..
I know its not fake..because I have 3 people on our floor who came from a visit..who saw these kind of things happening right in front of them (and my friends were GCs so I guess they themselves were left alone).
Now coming to point of posting their experiences themselves..especially in a situation where they were not allowed to enter US, I dont think they have any incentive left to post and seek help from fellow IV..once they are out they are out..
Nothing can bring them back unless they file a new petition and go for stamping..
I can imagine how much pain they might be going through, touchwood if I was to be one ofthem, I dont see myself posting my experience for 3 months or so..
its a different case where someone is inside US and they face a problem, yeah..why not they post straight away, but this is a different territory..we can only expect them to post, its not going to happen or may be rare case.
Sure I will give the link..
I know its not fake..because I have 3 people on our floor who came from a visit..who saw these kind of things happening right in front of them (and my friends were GCs so I guess they themselves were left alone).
Now coming to point of posting their experiences themselves..especially in a situation where they were not allowed to enter US, I dont think they have any incentive left to post and seek help from fellow IV..once they are out they are out..
Nothing can bring them back unless they file a new petition and go for stamping..
I can imagine how much pain they might be going through, touchwood if I was to be one ofthem, I dont see myself posting my experience for 3 months or so..
its a different case where someone is inside US and they face a problem, yeah..why not they post straight away, but this is a different territory..we can only expect them to post, its not going to happen or may be rare case.
2011 Green Lantern Comic Tattoo By
baleraosreedhar
08-11 01:32 PM
Please count me also for contribution for making EB3 life easy and to reassure a HOPE of reaching end of tunnel
more...
nomi
12-12 04:02 PM
instead of sending emails and faxes which will likely get thrown out with yesterday's trash, how about a large group of us get together and schedule a meeting directly with DOL and USCIS officials?
In person gets more attention. maybe we can even generate some press for this if it is a large enogh group
I like you idea and I am with you. Would you please take a lead of this task or let me know what to do next ??
thx.
In person gets more attention. maybe we can even generate some press for this if it is a large enogh group
I like you idea and I am with you. Would you please take a lead of this task or let me know what to do next ??
thx.
ksurjan
07-24 01:39 PM
Can anyone confirm if the files are actually being transferred from Nebraska to Texas? Why is the compliance date for Texas 10/26 and for Nebraska it's 8/1.
more...
santa123
02-24 03:45 PM
Can an approved I-140 from Company A (future employer) be used to obtain an extension for H1 with company B (Current employer)?
Pls provide your inputs
Pls provide your inputs
2010 his green lantern tattoo

desi3933
02-12 08:24 AM
The visa numbers reported as used for FY 2009 is 141,020 from http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY09...ort_TableV.pdf
This was the response i got from Ron Gotcher.
"The employment based category is entitled to use the "unused" family based numbers from the previous year. Last year, the quota for EB was the base of 140,000, plus another 13,000 shifted over from FB. Unfortunately, the CIS failed once again to approve enough cases to use up the entire available quota."
.....
Would you mind asking source/link for "another 13,000 shifted over"?
As per this link - family based numbers were totally used up for FY2008
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY08-AR-TableV.pdf
Family based visa used for FY2008 = 226,105 against 226,000 available.
I think it is important to understand and read what is being said.
I suggest that you follow your own advice and read & understand what is being posted in this thread. What do you think? Is this information or "message" correct?
______________________
Not a legal advice.
This was the response i got from Ron Gotcher.
"The employment based category is entitled to use the "unused" family based numbers from the previous year. Last year, the quota for EB was the base of 140,000, plus another 13,000 shifted over from FB. Unfortunately, the CIS failed once again to approve enough cases to use up the entire available quota."
.....
Would you mind asking source/link for "another 13,000 shifted over"?
As per this link - family based numbers were totally used up for FY2008
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/FY08-AR-TableV.pdf
Family based visa used for FY2008 = 226,105 against 226,000 available.
I think it is important to understand and read what is being said.
I suggest that you follow your own advice and read & understand what is being posted in this thread. What do you think? Is this information or "message" correct?
______________________
Not a legal advice.
more...
McGuffin
03-06 04:25 PM
I don't think I'll be able to make this one, I'll give it a shot though.
hair tattoo wallpaper logo
sunty
11-13 02:57 PM
Waiting for the January bulletin is good...The spillover "might" happen then. But we should prepare and be ready from our side, with letters, appointments with Congressmen/Senators etc., so that we can immediately start action once the Jan bulletin is out.
more...
kumar1
11-10 11:40 PM
PCS - What you are suffering from is known as PVBS (Post Visa Bulletin Syndrome). It is very common in Indian and Chinese community living in the US.
This condition stays with the patient/sufferer for 15 days or so and then disappears like a f*a*r*t in the wind. It is more likely to happen to those who fall under EB-2 category and especially those who are 6 months or so from priority date to be current. This condition keeps re-appearing till the patient gets green card and then it gives birth to another condition call PGCS (Post Green Card Syndrome). Typically, that condition lasts for 5 years till the patient gets US citizenship. There are some documented evidences that Amway and QuickStar have tried to fix this condition but medical community is yet to approve that.
Laughter is the only known cure of this condition. Returning back to home country can also cure this condition.
This condition stays with the patient/sufferer for 15 days or so and then disappears like a f*a*r*t in the wind. It is more likely to happen to those who fall under EB-2 category and especially those who are 6 months or so from priority date to be current. This condition keeps re-appearing till the patient gets green card and then it gives birth to another condition call PGCS (Post Green Card Syndrome). Typically, that condition lasts for 5 years till the patient gets US citizenship. There are some documented evidences that Amway and QuickStar have tried to fix this condition but medical community is yet to approve that.
Laughter is the only known cure of this condition. Returning back to home country can also cure this condition.
hot Green Lantern Villain(s)

gcdreamer05
03-09 12:34 PM
This is insane, they are moving 15 days in 1 calendar month.
So going by this pace for EB3
mar 2002 - march 2011
mar 2003 - march 2013
mar 2004 - march 2015
mar 2005 - march 2017
mar 2006 - march 2019
i will get gc on mar 2019 ? after 16 years of stay in USA ??? that total bull shit !!!!!!!!!!!!
So going by this pace for EB3
mar 2002 - march 2011
mar 2003 - march 2013
mar 2004 - march 2015
mar 2005 - march 2017
mar 2006 - march 2019
i will get gc on mar 2019 ? after 16 years of stay in USA ??? that total bull shit !!!!!!!!!!!!
more...
house the Green Lantern symbol.
coolmanasip
03-07 09:45 AM
you are lucky man.....what you say makes sense.......but here is the reality.......
GC process is 3 step process and the lawyer is representing you (485 stage) as well as the employer (labor and 140 stage)........So, if you leave the employer, most lawyers will refuse to continue to represent you unless they authorized in written by the employer....it is a conflict of interest for them.......hence, I think I will go to some other lawyer for AC 21......and thats why the money.....
It is bit shocking to know that one will have to pay for just AC21 notification. I mean, if you already have lawyer associated with your GC file, which I believe, most of us should have either appointed by our employer OR hired by ourselves (Many companies give a choice to hire "your own" lawyer). I understand that since one change the employment, the general criteria is to assume that the lawyer (If paticularly appointed by past employer) is now no more attached to the case. But in truth it is not. Fulfilling AC21 notification is part of the whole end to end package since case remains same unless you notify USCIS to change your attorney. In my case I was given a choice to hire "My Own lawyer" and once I started to work on EAD, virtually now he is my lawyer not "my employer's lawyer" and hence he will be sending AC21 related paperwork to USCIS though he told me that he would not do it right now as he is busy with H1 filing load. And yes no extra cost involved..
GC process is 3 step process and the lawyer is representing you (485 stage) as well as the employer (labor and 140 stage)........So, if you leave the employer, most lawyers will refuse to continue to represent you unless they authorized in written by the employer....it is a conflict of interest for them.......hence, I think I will go to some other lawyer for AC 21......and thats why the money.....
It is bit shocking to know that one will have to pay for just AC21 notification. I mean, if you already have lawyer associated with your GC file, which I believe, most of us should have either appointed by our employer OR hired by ourselves (Many companies give a choice to hire "your own" lawyer). I understand that since one change the employment, the general criteria is to assume that the lawyer (If paticularly appointed by past employer) is now no more attached to the case. But in truth it is not. Fulfilling AC21 notification is part of the whole end to end package since case remains same unless you notify USCIS to change your attorney. In my case I was given a choice to hire "My Own lawyer" and once I started to work on EAD, virtually now he is my lawyer not "my employer's lawyer" and hence he will be sending AC21 related paperwork to USCIS though he told me that he would not do it right now as he is busy with H1 filing load. And yes no extra cost involved..
tattoo Maybe possible Tattoo Ideas

newuser
11-11 10:03 AM
I received receipt number from USCIS for my letter
more...
pictures Pictures Green Lantern middot; On The Film Location for The Dictator
kedrex
07-18 08:02 PM
bump it up - this is way too important!
dresses of free GREEN LANTERN
ajju
02-20 03:55 PM
Ok guys before you shoot it down heres my calc for EB2 pending apps from 2000 to Dec 2003. Obviously its a rough estimate, who knows how many eb3s switched, labor subs etc etc etc.
From pending apps from 2000 to 2003 dec are about 96. Assume represents 1% of total population so it would be 9600. Each app has about 1.5 dependents so about 15,000? If you assume as lower say 0.5% then number would obviously increase to 29,000.
Ok now shoot me down.
Good calculation... On brighter side.. if I assume being 2%.. the numbers would be 7500.. Hope its enough to clear out with just the extra EB1 quotas in this quarter.. And then, next quarter we see some more progress for EB2 India.. Just a wishful thinking...
From pending apps from 2000 to 2003 dec are about 96. Assume represents 1% of total population so it would be 9600. Each app has about 1.5 dependents so about 15,000? If you assume as lower say 0.5% then number would obviously increase to 29,000.
Ok now shoot me down.
Good calculation... On brighter side.. if I assume being 2%.. the numbers would be 7500.. Hope its enough to clear out with just the extra EB1 quotas in this quarter.. And then, next quarter we see some more progress for EB2 India.. Just a wishful thinking...
more...
makeup Superman Comic Logo Tattoo
dingdong12
09-09 02:25 PM
American lawmakers have created a law that needs only top talent. By law it go from top to bottom. So they go from EB1, EB2, EB3 and so on. If we disagree, then get the law changed.
EB3 I is screwed big time and they are ignorant about this .EB3 are responsible for their own loss. I see them tracking LUDs and laugh at their ignorance of wasting their time.
They should be doing hunger strikes and do a rally in DC every month.
Else they can forget Green card coming any time soon.
Sadly true. Our hope is STEM exemption and Visa recapture and both of them will get little political help till elections. After the elections, the political arena will definitely be different with some Republicans replacing the Democrats in the House and any immigration related bill will result in a much tougher battle.
EB3 I is screwed big time and they are ignorant about this .EB3 are responsible for their own loss. I see them tracking LUDs and laugh at their ignorance of wasting their time.
They should be doing hunger strikes and do a rally in DC every month.
Else they can forget Green card coming any time soon.
Sadly true. Our hope is STEM exemption and Visa recapture and both of them will get little political help till elections. After the elections, the political arena will definitely be different with some Republicans replacing the Democrats in the House and any immigration related bill will result in a much tougher battle.
girlfriend green lantern
Munna Bhai
12-26 09:18 AM
a)My 6 years H1b is over by May 07.
b)I-140 Premium Processing pending.
c)Got offers from other two company.
Can I use I-140 to transfer my H1b to another company?What happens if the current company revokes I-140? What is the best option?
Thanks,:(
b)I-140 Premium Processing pending.
c)Got offers from other two company.
Can I use I-140 to transfer my H1b to another company?What happens if the current company revokes I-140? What is the best option?
Thanks,:(
hairstyles I have the Green Lantern logo
GCwaitforever
12-26 04:24 PM
Business needs define rules in this country. Western Union was sending money to mexico. Then American Banks started chipping into that business, accepting different documents as valid for money transfer. You get the drift.
As for Citi bank not opening e-accounts for existing account holders, it is a bit surprising. Once they vetted you in the process, they are repeating it just to verify your identity? My bank lets me open different accounts online as I am known to them for a long long time.
As for Citi bank not opening e-accounts for existing account holders, it is a bit surprising. Once they vetted you in the process, they are repeating it just to verify your identity? My bank lets me open different accounts online as I am known to them for a long long time.
fcres
07-24 05:12 PM
fcres, so would you be waiting till you get the RN and then send out the EVL with a reference to the A#? Or just going ahead and sending it rightaway?
I have RN since i filed in June.
I have RN since i filed in June.
chmur
10-20 12:54 AM
Just like how you blindly think green card is the only thing that matters in this world. McCain lies, runs slimy sleazy adds that tell what kind of person he is. He doesn't have the depth of knowledge that Obama has nor does he have moral values. Time for you to wake up. Go Obama
Our only agenda should be - who is more beneficial to EB community - that is clearly McCain...so Go Mccain. Rest is politics usual and hence frivolus atleast to EB community.
I am even surprised why something else should matter ...atleast for next 4 years.
None of us can vote but can play indirect role in this campaign - i.e $$ and time. Remember who is beneficial to your immediate problems.
Our only agenda should be - who is more beneficial to EB community - that is clearly McCain...so Go Mccain. Rest is politics usual and hence frivolus atleast to EB community.
I am even surprised why something else should matter ...atleast for next 4 years.
None of us can vote but can play indirect role in this campaign - i.e $$ and time. Remember who is beneficial to your immediate problems.