nfocus design
Aug 16, 05:14 PM
Go back to the store with an AT&T Wireless phone and press *ID (*43) and hold the phone up to the headphones for 15 sec and it will text message you the name/artist of the song.
I hadn't heard of this either. Thanks for the tip. I just tried it and on my AT&T Wireless phone it is #43 not *43 :)
I hadn't heard of this either. Thanks for the tip. I just tried it and on my AT&T Wireless phone it is #43 not *43 :)
deuk1219
Apr 22, 07:48 AM
So I skype a lot with my friends and stuff (video chat).
My MBA 13" with 4gb ram gets really loud...
Any other programs out there that will make the MBA run quietly?
Thanks!
My MBA 13" with 4gb ram gets really loud...
Any other programs out there that will make the MBA run quietly?
Thanks!
MacNut
Feb 8, 04:01 PM
I would have choked that chicken to death.It would probably be a long hard struggle
My name is Alex
Sep 24, 07:51 AM
So...Labor is in, can I have my broadband...please?
I want broadband. This election got the award for the most boring campaign. Ever.
I want broadband. This election got the award for the most boring campaign. Ever.
more...
bytor99999
Apr 17, 12:16 AM
Me too. It only sent video. However, my sister who has a Mac Mini was using one and said in her iDVD software for audio you had to tell it to push the audio through the Mini Display port/HDMI and then she got sound, so maybe that would work on my MBP and yours.
If you have an iPad2, I highly highly recommend getting the HDMI adapter they have. 1 to 1 exact copy of your iPad onto your big screen TV. Makes the Apple TV not necessary as you can get what you get on it and more through your iPad2 to HDMI.
I also bought a 15' HDMI cable so I can have my iPad2 with me on my couch. But I digress.
Mark
If you have an iPad2, I highly highly recommend getting the HDMI adapter they have. 1 to 1 exact copy of your iPad onto your big screen TV. Makes the Apple TV not necessary as you can get what you get on it and more through your iPad2 to HDMI.
I also bought a 15' HDMI cable so I can have my iPad2 with me on my couch. But I digress.
Mark
joecool85
Jul 31, 05:43 PM
It takes 578mhz to do one w/u a day. Therefore that would mean an 867mhz would do 1.5 a day (accurate, thats what my PB does) and a 266mhz would do one every 2.1 days, also accurate. Someone compare my equation to their computer. All you do is take your CPU speed and divide it by 578. It *should* give you roughly the w/u you complete in one day.
more...
harpster
Apr 1, 05:25 AM
I mean when clicking on the input box instead of it focusing on the input box for text entry, it instead focuses on the submit button.
While ie6 is not my target platform since the site worked so far without any alterations i don't mind supporting it.
IE6 is not very forgiving. If it works in Firefox then you most likely have html error(s)... things like missing close brackets /> and table cell <td></td> can effect that in IE6 where other browsers assume it's there and will still work. Have you tried and html validator?
While ie6 is not my target platform since the site worked so far without any alterations i don't mind supporting it.
IE6 is not very forgiving. If it works in Firefox then you most likely have html error(s)... things like missing close brackets /> and table cell <td></td> can effect that in IE6 where other browsers assume it's there and will still work. Have you tried and html validator?
bilestyle
Sep 3, 03:25 PM
Sick of applescript programs for video conversion, here's my new Cocoa app written entirely in Objective-C, multithreaded, to encode a variety of movie formats into vcd mpeg1/svcd mpeg2, xvcd, xsvcd, and DVD ready for DVD Studio Pro format.
Digital Schism webpage:
http://homepage.mac.com/digitalschism/choice.html
Download Link:
http://homepage.mac.com/digitalschism/echelon.dmg
There is a variety of different options available for todays media afficianado, we find the format to be trusted by the experts, and that maintains the widest range of compatability is MPEG. (Specifically MPEG-1 and MPEG-2)
It has become clear to us that it isn't as easy as it should be to convert the wide array of available media formats to (S/X)VCD/DVD. In an effort to answer a large demand for a simple to use program that encompasses the large spectrum of options available to the Macintosh platform we are proud to bring you Echelon.
Convert multiple files
Echelon delivers the capability of converting a large queue list of files to a variety of different MPEG based formats (MPEG-1 and MPEG-2). It aims to employ all the complex video tools in one easy to use program.
Limitless customization
In an effort to accomodate your personal needs each file maintains its own individual settings. It is also possible to save your favorite presets for future usage.
Fast, Reliable, Simple
We have put in endless hours of research to only allow conversion methods that will solely yield usable end products. We aim to have a harmonious blend of intuitition and simplicity, the things you have come to expect as a Macintosh user.
Advanced User Features
In an effort to meet the needs of the varied levels of experience within our userbase we have implemented an array of advanced features for each encoder included.
Realtime Preview
In addition to intuitive graphical and textual progress indication, the user has the freedom to view the actual frames of video as they are encoded.
Multiple Effect Filters
From adjusting gamma (to be implemented later), to deinterlacing, to denoising we attempted to supply all the necessary effect filters for any of your desired outcomes.
World friendly
We will be localizing Echelon in multiple languages, and are up to suggestion for any localizations we didn't cover, dont hesitate to contact us with more language suggestions.
Digital Schism webpage:
http://homepage.mac.com/digitalschism/choice.html
Download Link:
http://homepage.mac.com/digitalschism/echelon.dmg
There is a variety of different options available for todays media afficianado, we find the format to be trusted by the experts, and that maintains the widest range of compatability is MPEG. (Specifically MPEG-1 and MPEG-2)
It has become clear to us that it isn't as easy as it should be to convert the wide array of available media formats to (S/X)VCD/DVD. In an effort to answer a large demand for a simple to use program that encompasses the large spectrum of options available to the Macintosh platform we are proud to bring you Echelon.
Convert multiple files
Echelon delivers the capability of converting a large queue list of files to a variety of different MPEG based formats (MPEG-1 and MPEG-2). It aims to employ all the complex video tools in one easy to use program.
Limitless customization
In an effort to accomodate your personal needs each file maintains its own individual settings. It is also possible to save your favorite presets for future usage.
Fast, Reliable, Simple
We have put in endless hours of research to only allow conversion methods that will solely yield usable end products. We aim to have a harmonious blend of intuitition and simplicity, the things you have come to expect as a Macintosh user.
Advanced User Features
In an effort to meet the needs of the varied levels of experience within our userbase we have implemented an array of advanced features for each encoder included.
Realtime Preview
In addition to intuitive graphical and textual progress indication, the user has the freedom to view the actual frames of video as they are encoded.
Multiple Effect Filters
From adjusting gamma (to be implemented later), to deinterlacing, to denoising we attempted to supply all the necessary effect filters for any of your desired outcomes.
World friendly
We will be localizing Echelon in multiple languages, and are up to suggestion for any localizations we didn't cover, dont hesitate to contact us with more language suggestions.
more...
technocoy
Oct 26, 01:56 PM
if anything i think this:
http://www.orange.com/English/communicate/spvfeatures.asp?bhcp=1
would goad apple into the portable/phone market..... i hate to say it, but this is pretty sweet, if osx was on this... holy crap!!! we all know apple could make a far cooler device... it's still a stretch though...
and it could explain the partnership with sony ericsson
we get quite a few unreleased phones from sony ericsson to do product debut CD-Roms and such.... it's amazing how apple-like some of them are looking...
technocoy
:D
http://www.orange.com/English/communicate/spvfeatures.asp?bhcp=1
would goad apple into the portable/phone market..... i hate to say it, but this is pretty sweet, if osx was on this... holy crap!!! we all know apple could make a far cooler device... it's still a stretch though...
and it could explain the partnership with sony ericsson
we get quite a few unreleased phones from sony ericsson to do product debut CD-Roms and such.... it's amazing how apple-like some of them are looking...
technocoy
:D
MacRumors
Nov 16, 10:05 PM
http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/iphone/2009/11/16/apple-releases-two-new-iphone-ads-song-gift/)
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/11/16/230318-gift.jpg
more...

Gold Leaf Pendant Necklace,

gold pendant,necklace
more...

tone Pendant Necklace

Chanel Gold Pendant Necklace
more...

This gold #39;Greece#39; pendant

St Barths Couture Gold Pendant
more...

Janguar Pendant Necklace 22k

CERCHI pendant necklace in

Paisley Trail Pendant Necklace
http://images.macrumors.com/article/2009/11/16/230318-gift.jpg
more...

lewis82
Oct 16, 11:20 AM
The best is to create a Wallpapers folder anywhere you want (preferably in the Images folder, situated in your User folder).
Then, just add it to the list in the preference pane (see attached pic).
255976
Then, just add it to the list in the preference pane (see attached pic).
255976
stewacide
Sep 29, 01:56 AM
Anyone else notices that iWork will only update if the apps' are in Applications/iWork 06? That's poor design / very un-Apple: why can't I put my apps where I like?
more...
supraja
Dec 30, 04:14 AM
Thank you for post useful information.
R94N
Apr 12, 02:01 AM
So when is this launching? Or has it already launched?
more...
TheShinyMac
Apr 4, 09:05 PM
Very helpful, indeed.
I can't help you with this, sadly. Perhaps take it to an apple store?
It's jailbroken. Its a bug. Bringing it to a store in this state could potentially void his warranty. You are very helpful, indeed.
I can't help you with this, sadly. Perhaps take it to an apple store?
It's jailbroken. Its a bug. Bringing it to a store in this state could potentially void his warranty. You are very helpful, indeed.
buryyourbrideau
Dec 14, 10:12 PM
Talib Kwali thirded. I don't even know what that means, but it gave spell check a hard time.
It's very cool. :cool:
Haha very clever
BLACKSTAR!!!
It's very cool. :cool:
Haha very clever
BLACKSTAR!!!
more...
MacDawg
Apr 6, 09:06 PM
If you mean your Avatar alongside your posts, here is the FAQ to explain (http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:MacRumors_FAQ#How_do_I_set_my_avatar.3F)
You need 500 posts to qualify
You need 500 posts to qualify
G-Force
May 2, 06:56 AM
I'm happy with Safari's performance, but I will try those browsers as soon as I have upgraded the machine. Thanks :)
eastercat
May 5, 01:03 PM
It's based on what Apple is signing, not what's on your phone. I don't know why the OP didn't want to save the blob. If you've got the blob, you can install that ios anytime you want.
can u only save blobs from the current FW that your idevice is on or can u save whatever Apple is signing?
can u only save blobs from the current FW that your idevice is on or can u save whatever Apple is signing?
SeniorGato1
May 3, 08:34 AM
Kingston uses the same controller as OEM Apple SSD's. Here's my pick, which also includes an external case for your stock HD.
http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-128gb-ssdnow-v100-series-2-5-sata-ii-solid-state-drive/q/loc/101/218194460.html
http://www.buy.com/prod/kingston-128gb-ssdnow-v100-series-2-5-sata-ii-solid-state-drive/q/loc/101/218194460.html
KarlJay
May 4, 10:30 PM
Good point Dejo, here's the books:
Wrox: professional iphone and ipot touch programming, building apps for mobile safari
Obj C for Dummies
O'Reilly: Tapworthy
Payload Media: iOS4 essentials
O'Reilly: learning iPhone Programming
O'Reilly: iPhone App Dev, the missing manual
Addision Wesley: Programming in Obj C 2.0
Wiley: Obj C develop reference
Head First: iphone Development
As far as Amazon displaying more, several only show the 1st chapter, really after you have a few books it becomes more difficult to find a book that has something new in it that hasn't been covered by the other books.
I have no problem buying another book, I just don't want to buy a book that covers what I already have covered in other books.
I used to be able to browse the whole book and determine if it was going to be helpful before purchase, this doesn't seem to be the case with online books.
Books aren't expensive, but I don't want to have a bunch of books that mostly cover the same thing. Even in the past it was hard to find a good book that covered things in great detail so that you could really exploit things.
Looks like Amazon has one such book coming out about CoreAudio, I'm looking forward to that one :)
Thanks for the tip on UICatalog, I'll check it out.
Wrox: professional iphone and ipot touch programming, building apps for mobile safari
Obj C for Dummies
O'Reilly: Tapworthy
Payload Media: iOS4 essentials
O'Reilly: learning iPhone Programming
O'Reilly: iPhone App Dev, the missing manual
Addision Wesley: Programming in Obj C 2.0
Wiley: Obj C develop reference
Head First: iphone Development
As far as Amazon displaying more, several only show the 1st chapter, really after you have a few books it becomes more difficult to find a book that has something new in it that hasn't been covered by the other books.
I have no problem buying another book, I just don't want to buy a book that covers what I already have covered in other books.
I used to be able to browse the whole book and determine if it was going to be helpful before purchase, this doesn't seem to be the case with online books.
Books aren't expensive, but I don't want to have a bunch of books that mostly cover the same thing. Even in the past it was hard to find a good book that covered things in great detail so that you could really exploit things.
Looks like Amazon has one such book coming out about CoreAudio, I'm looking forward to that one :)
Thanks for the tip on UICatalog, I'll check it out.
Pixeled_Apple
Nov 11, 04:22 AM
My dad is still a staunch PC advocate and we have a continual family dispute.
SAME!!! Its sooo anoying... i want 2 switch 2 a mac ; but he won't let me... so I posted a thread.. and finnally convinced him... I hope he doesn't turn 2 the evvvil side again :P ...
" Windows is dirt to Macintosh "
" Spell reliabilty : A p p l e ; Apple " (Sorry I had to let it out! :P)
SAME!!! Its sooo anoying... i want 2 switch 2 a mac ; but he won't let me... so I posted a thread.. and finnally convinced him... I hope he doesn't turn 2 the evvvil side again :P ...
" Windows is dirt to Macintosh "
" Spell reliabilty : A p p l e ; Apple " (Sorry I had to let it out! :P)
Psychomacuser
May 4, 10:25 PM
I just got my hands on a Power Mac G5. I got it off a guy for $150!! Let me say, it's an incredible machine. Dual 2.5 G5's with 2Gig of RAM. I installed 10.5.8 on it.
This machine blows both my 2009 13" Macbook and 2008 Mini out of the water when it comes to speed and smoothness. As is it, FCP runs so much better than my Intel Macs that I am in total Awww of it... (can u tell I'm excited about this 6 year old computer :) )
Since I got it so cheap, I want to upgrade the hell out of it and use it as my primary machine (age of it be damned). I want to expand the RAM fully to 16 GB, put a fast 2 GB HDD in, and get the best possible Video card available.
I have 2 questions:
1. What is the best GPU available for this machine??
2. What is everyone's opinion to the possibility that after I get this thing where I want it, Apple will drop support for Leopard and I will no longer be able to sync my iPhone, iPad, or iPods to it. I of course, Plan to keep my Intel Macs running on the other end of the room (along with my "necessary" PC) but since I sit in THIS chair in my office most of the time, it would be nice to do everything from right here...
I know you don't hear many people wanting to make an older machine their primary computer, but this thing is really a monster...
Any thoughts???? Thanks in Advance.
Al Winters
Wait a minute, when you say you have a Dual 2.5 G5 and wish to expand it to 16GB - Are you sure you have the Late 2004 Dual 2.5 G5 which is notorious for springing leaks, or do you have the G5 Quad which is from October 2005 - Summer of 2006?
G5 Quad can be expanded all the way to 16GB and possibly more now that 4GB chips are available in DDR2.
This machine blows both my 2009 13" Macbook and 2008 Mini out of the water when it comes to speed and smoothness. As is it, FCP runs so much better than my Intel Macs that I am in total Awww of it... (can u tell I'm excited about this 6 year old computer :) )
Since I got it so cheap, I want to upgrade the hell out of it and use it as my primary machine (age of it be damned). I want to expand the RAM fully to 16 GB, put a fast 2 GB HDD in, and get the best possible Video card available.
I have 2 questions:
1. What is the best GPU available for this machine??
2. What is everyone's opinion to the possibility that after I get this thing where I want it, Apple will drop support for Leopard and I will no longer be able to sync my iPhone, iPad, or iPods to it. I of course, Plan to keep my Intel Macs running on the other end of the room (along with my "necessary" PC) but since I sit in THIS chair in my office most of the time, it would be nice to do everything from right here...
I know you don't hear many people wanting to make an older machine their primary computer, but this thing is really a monster...
Any thoughts???? Thanks in Advance.
Al Winters
Wait a minute, when you say you have a Dual 2.5 G5 and wish to expand it to 16GB - Are you sure you have the Late 2004 Dual 2.5 G5 which is notorious for springing leaks, or do you have the G5 Quad which is from October 2005 - Summer of 2006?
G5 Quad can be expanded all the way to 16GB and possibly more now that 4GB chips are available in DDR2.
heylookitskarl
Mar 3, 11:22 AM
Never hurts to drop off your resume to one of the store's managers. Ask for the "Store Leader" though as that is the main store manager and usually has the final say about the hiring.
Do the Apple stores accept applications like that anymore?
Do the Apple stores accept applications like that anymore?