gc_on_demand
08-10 04:01 PM
10th is almost over and I thought we had this trend that when USCIS wants to maintain status quo they publish bulletin early in the month and if the bulletin is delayed there is strong probablity that there will be some positive movement
I have seen same trend for last two years. Reason was simple for last two years as they want to see demand for current month and then predict cutoff date for next month. But I don't see that same thing will happen again. As DOS must know remaining of visa # for fiscal year and also since USCIS has pre adjudicated at least 140k cases they should not take long time to calculate cutoff date.
Their job is piece of cake now. But I was wondering that since till last month it was really game of guess for VO so he was not following Mid month date ( generally 15th or around ) to release data. But now he has clear picture in mind so he may wait till Mid month which is Friday to release data.
I have seen same trend for last two years. Reason was simple for last two years as they want to see demand for current month and then predict cutoff date for next month. But I don't see that same thing will happen again. As DOS must know remaining of visa # for fiscal year and also since USCIS has pre adjudicated at least 140k cases they should not take long time to calculate cutoff date.
Their job is piece of cake now. But I was wondering that since till last month it was really game of guess for VO so he was not following Mid month date ( generally 15th or around ) to release data. But now he has clear picture in mind so he may wait till Mid month which is Friday to release data.
wallpaper makeup chibi cute anime

MDix
02-07 10:28 PM
Very good point for removing country cap.
Some questions to those who are supporting country cap.
Why not put a country cap on foreign students� visas since many of them get into the green card line eventually?
Why not put a country cap on H1B visas since many of them get into the green card line eventually?
Why not put a country cap on labor certifications?
Why not put a country cap on I-140s?
Why not impose a country cap at the port of entry?
Why not put a country cap on visitors� visas?
Why not put a country cap on business visas?
Why not put a country cap on US trade with other countries?
Why not put a country cap on amount of US $ reserves that each country can have?
Why not put a country cap on children that foreigners in the US can bear?
Why not put a country cap on the foreigners� earnings in the US?
.
.
.
And the list can go on.
Putting country cap on greens cards serves a hidden racist agenda of not letting the people of one particular ethnic group grow in number and become strong.
Some questions to those who are supporting country cap.
Why not put a country cap on foreign students� visas since many of them get into the green card line eventually?
Why not put a country cap on H1B visas since many of them get into the green card line eventually?
Why not put a country cap on labor certifications?
Why not put a country cap on I-140s?
Why not impose a country cap at the port of entry?
Why not put a country cap on visitors� visas?
Why not put a country cap on business visas?
Why not put a country cap on US trade with other countries?
Why not put a country cap on amount of US $ reserves that each country can have?
Why not put a country cap on children that foreigners in the US can bear?
Why not put a country cap on the foreigners� earnings in the US?
.
.
.
And the list can go on.
Putting country cap on greens cards serves a hidden racist agenda of not letting the people of one particular ethnic group grow in number and become strong.
crazyghoda
01-30 03:52 PM
Whew! Thanks for the clarification (and the knowledge... I can help someone else out now)
So now I just need to wait and see what exactly is asked in the RFE. Cant they send the damned thing by Fedex and bill me for it. Waiting for regular mail is painful. Here goes another weekend (sigh)
No you are not. Like I said out of status UNTIL date of I-485 application is most important.
So now I just need to wait and see what exactly is asked in the RFE. Cant they send the damned thing by Fedex and bill me for it. Waiting for regular mail is painful. Here goes another weekend (sigh)
No you are not. Like I said out of status UNTIL date of I-485 application is most important.
2011 2010 cute anime chibi couples.

feedfront
10-21 01:27 PM
Hi Guys
At last today is my day.. online status changed to "Card Production Order" :)
Hope every one will get soon.
Thanks
onemorecame
Can you please post your timeline here?
At last today is my day.. online status changed to "Card Production Order" :)
Hope every one will get soon.
Thanks
onemorecame
Can you please post your timeline here?
more...
paskal
12-26 04:30 PM
amsterdam is visa free- thank NW/KLM for it!
I hear Milan is too - Alitalia
I hear Milan is too - Alitalia
ponnuswamyp
09-27 12:57 PM
I am worried bcoz, on my EAD card its written "NOT VALID FOR REENTRY TO U.S."
what does this mean?
Please advise.
Thanks
Mahesh
It means you can not use EAD as a travel document to reenter to U.S. You should have valid Visa for reentry.
what does this mean?
Please advise.
Thanks
Mahesh
It means you can not use EAD as a travel document to reenter to U.S. You should have valid Visa for reentry.
more...

rkay
05-23 02:08 PM
MBA is not for everyone and in addition, an Online MBA doesn't have any value. MBA is not the same thing as learning cntrl C and cntrl V and then working for a shady desi consultant.
All these years in US, getgreensoon1's expertise in IT ?
cntrl C and cntrl V !
All these years in US, getgreensoon1's expertise in IT ?
cntrl C and cntrl V !
2010 house cute anime chibi couples. cute anime chibi friends.
tjayant
11-20 07:08 PM
Here is my advice to folks trying to jump job just for $$$, even if the GC situation is bad , money should never be the only factor in moving for another job, plan long term , actually from what I know only startups have good opening but highly unstable so it is a catch 22 for most of the folks, I would suggest if you are in fortune 500 companies and the job is boring and salary is bad stick with it for 2 more years , if you cannot get the GC in the next 1-2 years I dont think you will ever get it, this is applicable for folks who applied GC during 2003/2004, 3+2=5years , for folks who has applied for GC after 2004 you can do what you want !!., here again look for favorable environment, Govt's change and policy change so make hay while the sun shine !!, so if the policy is favorable even if the job is bad but you can get the GC in 1-2 year i would stick with that company, because you will never know what will happen after 2 years , It looks to me like we might be in a cusp of policy change similar to 1999/2000, if you miss this boat you may have to wait for another 6-7 years. But again if my understanding is correct America is like a ocean and there is room for everyone , so no one need to be scared of GC etc, every one will get it in some form or other eventually , it is only a matter of time. As far myself iam still waiting for LC, but never really bothered about GC during my 9+ years stay , I just did what I wanted , but after 9 years I would like to move to a startup but controlling myself with the above logic !!!, But one good thing about waiting for GC is it made me a better person personally in learning ton's of stuff valuable for long run. so there is always pluses, everybody wants to be a Pirate (do what we wanted like jump job's at the fist obstacle/temptation $$$) but sometimes it is good to be controlled by external factors to get the best of ourselfs.
more...
gcnirvana
04-20 06:23 PM
We need at least 6 more volunteers for this task so that the volunteers already making the phone calls are not over-burdened. Please help this very important initiative.
If you would like to volunteer for this effort, please post or send me a private message.
I can make phone calls. Sent a PM
If you would like to volunteer for this effort, please post or send me a private message.
I can make phone calls. Sent a PM
hair Cute Anime Couples Hugging.
meridiani.planum
09-10 11:25 AM
I will update here for those who cannot enter chat
Right now they are discussing
H.R. 6598
the "Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act of 2008
I will update here once HR 5882 starts
ouch that is so ironic.... 'Equine Cruelty'?? What about 'immigrant cruelty'?
some of the priorities in this country are all screwed up...
Right now they are discussing
H.R. 6598
the "Prevention of Equine Cruelty Act of 2008
I will update here once HR 5882 starts
ouch that is so ironic.... 'Equine Cruelty'?? What about 'immigrant cruelty'?
some of the priorities in this country are all screwed up...
more...
chmur
09-12 10:46 AM
Demand data:
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf
Thanks. Looking at the demand data (as of Sept 08 as it states ) we may or may not have "net" backlog reduction of 40K for 2009-2010.
EB2 - net has come down by ~30 K but Eb3 has a net add of "10K"..Hmm unless they really approve a ton of them in September, we may be looking net reduction of 30K.
I really hope they get cranking on EB3 -ROW , they have ~44K pending . Expecting USCIS to work through this backlog in a year or two is reasonable or even next year .
At that point, EB3-I would be primed to receive overflow but the question is will they open up the flood gates and receive all new Eb2 applications or let them in a phased manner .
If they let them in a phased manner , some of the pre approved EB3-I applicants in 2002-2003 will get there GC . Even otherwise , new EB2 applications need processing time so few lucky Eb3-I (If you can call them that) may get their GC's.
Another thing is when will they let new EB2 applicants , if it is early in the yearly cycle say Oct-feb , then processing on such new application will be complete by June and EB3-I will continue starve.
So basically lot depends on how and when they will open up the gates for new EB2 applicants.
If they do it at the end of the year and they do not want to loose visa numbers , then there are ton of EB3 application in a pre approved stage for them.
http://www.travel.state.gov/pdf/EmploymentDemandUsedForCutOffDates.pdf
Thanks. Looking at the demand data (as of Sept 08 as it states ) we may or may not have "net" backlog reduction of 40K for 2009-2010.
EB2 - net has come down by ~30 K but Eb3 has a net add of "10K"..Hmm unless they really approve a ton of them in September, we may be looking net reduction of 30K.
I really hope they get cranking on EB3 -ROW , they have ~44K pending . Expecting USCIS to work through this backlog in a year or two is reasonable or even next year .
At that point, EB3-I would be primed to receive overflow but the question is will they open up the flood gates and receive all new Eb2 applications or let them in a phased manner .
If they let them in a phased manner , some of the pre approved EB3-I applicants in 2002-2003 will get there GC . Even otherwise , new EB2 applications need processing time so few lucky Eb3-I (If you can call them that) may get their GC's.
Another thing is when will they let new EB2 applicants , if it is early in the yearly cycle say Oct-feb , then processing on such new application will be complete by June and EB3-I will continue starve.
So basically lot depends on how and when they will open up the gates for new EB2 applicants.
If they do it at the end of the year and they do not want to loose visa numbers , then there are ton of EB3 application in a pre approved stage for them.
hot Cute Chibi Couple In The Snow
go_gc_way
12-29 11:23 AM
good question - I do not visit the website often. I remembered the website out of the blue only yesterday. After about 1 1/2 year I visited that website yesterday. So it was out of my mind.
Also, I am cannot use internet at work that often and going home I have other stuff to take care, dont get enough time to come to IV as well. I am glad you could do what I should have done long before :).
Thanks WillBLucky, I appreciate your willingness to do something but can't because of your other obligations.
I know, though all you folks want to do something, you are stuck with obligations.
BUT IN THE END IF EVERY ONE OF YOU CAN PULL OF THAT 15 MINUTES (which is for your green card), IT WORK MAGICS. BUT FOR IT TO WORK MAGICS, ALL NEED POST THEM VERY VERY VERY SOON.
If IV core team is working , dedicated, I am sure you all can spend 15 minutes. SEND YOUR GIFT TO IV and let us know on this thread, when you sent it, Thanks Friends :)
Also, I am cannot use internet at work that often and going home I have other stuff to take care, dont get enough time to come to IV as well. I am glad you could do what I should have done long before :).
Thanks WillBLucky, I appreciate your willingness to do something but can't because of your other obligations.
I know, though all you folks want to do something, you are stuck with obligations.
BUT IN THE END IF EVERY ONE OF YOU CAN PULL OF THAT 15 MINUTES (which is for your green card), IT WORK MAGICS. BUT FOR IT TO WORK MAGICS, ALL NEED POST THEM VERY VERY VERY SOON.
If IV core team is working , dedicated, I am sure you all can spend 15 minutes. SEND YOUR GIFT TO IV and let us know on this thread, when you sent it, Thanks Friends :)
more...
house chibi anime couples hugging.
sanjay02
03-17 09:08 PM
Hi
I have the following questions about I-131.
On I-131
Part 4. Information about your proposed travel.?
Can I answer to visit parents?
I have the following questions about I-131.
On I-131
Part 4. Information about your proposed travel.?
Can I answer to visit parents?
tattoo tattoo some cute little wings, cute anime chibi couples. hairstyles cute
.jpg)
StarSun
02-09 08:21 AM
I have lived in VA before and know how much of a mess it can be to commute between VA and DC.
However, for this specific event, would local members or those who have had experience attending advocacy days last year recommend to solely use public transport to get to the DC/Cap Hill area or would renting a car be of any help. I was thinking of just renting a car to just get from airport to place of stay and then use public transport on Mon/Tue to get to DC.
LOOK FORWARD TO SUGGESTIONS as I need to plan my travel.
Parking can be a problem near the Hill. It is probably best to use public transportation.
However, for this specific event, would local members or those who have had experience attending advocacy days last year recommend to solely use public transport to get to the DC/Cap Hill area or would renting a car be of any help. I was thinking of just renting a car to just get from airport to place of stay and then use public transport on Mon/Tue to get to DC.
LOOK FORWARD TO SUGGESTIONS as I need to plan my travel.
Parking can be a problem near the Hill. It is probably best to use public transportation.
more...
pictures chibi anime couples hugging.
sameer2730
03-12 11:23 AM
First of all I don't know who sachbole is ?
I have contributed to IV in faxes, phone calls and sending numerous letters. You can always check my history before analyzing from a blind eye. I have been here for a while, I have even spoken to a few IV core members.
That being said, IV need's be more organized, blind actions and blind analysis wont get us anywhere.
It is the IV core members responsibility, I am aware of the challenges, but people are quiet frustrated and desperate for a change.
If IV is committed on its objectives, then organize a rally or a meeting with USCIS, I will be there.
Show the world what you are and stand for, not just talks should be the motto of this organization. Need my trust and money, please earn it.
Look man IV does not need to prove anything you. Here is a statement by Fransisco D' Anconia from the novel Atlas Shrugged which is apt for your post(For the record I am not a fan of Ayn Rand)
"Sir it is judicious not to give unsolicited advices. You should spare yourself the embrassaning discovery of its exact value to your listeners!"
I have contributed to IV in faxes, phone calls and sending numerous letters. You can always check my history before analyzing from a blind eye. I have been here for a while, I have even spoken to a few IV core members.
That being said, IV need's be more organized, blind actions and blind analysis wont get us anywhere.
It is the IV core members responsibility, I am aware of the challenges, but people are quiet frustrated and desperate for a change.
If IV is committed on its objectives, then organize a rally or a meeting with USCIS, I will be there.
Show the world what you are and stand for, not just talks should be the motto of this organization. Need my trust and money, please earn it.
Look man IV does not need to prove anything you. Here is a statement by Fransisco D' Anconia from the novel Atlas Shrugged which is apt for your post(For the record I am not a fan of Ayn Rand)
"Sir it is judicious not to give unsolicited advices. You should spare yourself the embrassaning discovery of its exact value to your listeners!"
dresses search Naruto patch chibi
retrohatao
02-16 10:11 AM
willgetgc2005,
I aggree totally. This forum somehow started with a lukewarm response to the issue. Two things come to my mind.
1. The folks are not aware of the issue (or)
2. Most of the folks are just at the first stage of the process and think that retrogression is the only bottleneck.
Please add this as the one of the hot issues to help one and all.
I aggree totally. This forum somehow started with a lukewarm response to the issue. Two things come to my mind.
1. The folks are not aware of the issue (or)
2. Most of the folks are just at the first stage of the process and think that retrogression is the only bottleneck.
Please add this as the one of the hot issues to help one and all.
more...
makeup house hair cute anime chibi

dilber
07-20 05:37 AM
Here you go - conversion should not impact this as the number of LC approvals remains the same:
Here are all the LC approvals for India in the last seven years.
Year, Total LC Approved, Total India
2007 85112 24573
2006 79782 22298
2005 6133 1350
2004 43582 No Info
2003 62912 No Info
2002 79784 No Info
2001 77921 No Info
2000 70204 No Info
Lets assume about 25% of pre-PERM LCs are India based on post-PERM data. Thus for fiscal 2004 (Oct 2003 thru Sep 2004) the total LC number is 43,852. Assume 25% of that to be India based on PERM data. That gives about 11,000 India LCs in 2004 alone (All EB categories combined). If you assume an average of 2.5 dependents then the number of visas required for all India EB categories for 2004 is 27,500 (11,000*2.5). The regular quota for EB2 and EB3 combined is only about 9,800. That means 17,700 visas have to come from somewhere. I dont think those many visas are remaining for this year. Be prepared to see FIFO thrown under the bus and approvals with PDs that are all over the place. Please critique this analysis without piling on. Thoughts?
EB2 has been on or Apr 2004 for a long time so all the ones before should have got the GC or at least most would have when we are calculation numbers for calculating retrogation We have to consider the numbers in in a particular category 11000 number as you say includes all the EB categories you have to discount out the EB1's because they have got their GCs long back. EB3 will also have to cut out form the calculation because they are not being counted. even if you consider 40% of these to be EB2 (a conservative estimate) then total GC needed including the dependents will be closer to 11000 (Total not just primary) and as Vdlrao and others have shown there should be more than this number available in this fiscal year alone. So I will have to agree with them that the numbers will go back but not all the way to Apr 2004 It should easily come in 2005 range may even come to 2006 since there were very few cases applied during 2005. Also can some one let me know if during 2005 when perm was instigated was regular labor processing also going on or was it completed stopped during that time.
Also conversations will affect this because people converting from EB3 to EB2 will make sure that they port their priority dates and hence if say all the EB3 people from 2003 convert to EB2 and successfully port their dates it will definitely push the dates south of 2003. Did I make sense???
Here are all the LC approvals for India in the last seven years.
Year, Total LC Approved, Total India
2007 85112 24573
2006 79782 22298
2005 6133 1350
2004 43582 No Info
2003 62912 No Info
2002 79784 No Info
2001 77921 No Info
2000 70204 No Info
Lets assume about 25% of pre-PERM LCs are India based on post-PERM data. Thus for fiscal 2004 (Oct 2003 thru Sep 2004) the total LC number is 43,852. Assume 25% of that to be India based on PERM data. That gives about 11,000 India LCs in 2004 alone (All EB categories combined). If you assume an average of 2.5 dependents then the number of visas required for all India EB categories for 2004 is 27,500 (11,000*2.5). The regular quota for EB2 and EB3 combined is only about 9,800. That means 17,700 visas have to come from somewhere. I dont think those many visas are remaining for this year. Be prepared to see FIFO thrown under the bus and approvals with PDs that are all over the place. Please critique this analysis without piling on. Thoughts?
EB2 has been on or Apr 2004 for a long time so all the ones before should have got the GC or at least most would have when we are calculation numbers for calculating retrogation We have to consider the numbers in in a particular category 11000 number as you say includes all the EB categories you have to discount out the EB1's because they have got their GCs long back. EB3 will also have to cut out form the calculation because they are not being counted. even if you consider 40% of these to be EB2 (a conservative estimate) then total GC needed including the dependents will be closer to 11000 (Total not just primary) and as Vdlrao and others have shown there should be more than this number available in this fiscal year alone. So I will have to agree with them that the numbers will go back but not all the way to Apr 2004 It should easily come in 2005 range may even come to 2006 since there were very few cases applied during 2005. Also can some one let me know if during 2005 when perm was instigated was regular labor processing also going on or was it completed stopped during that time.
Also conversations will affect this because people converting from EB3 to EB2 will make sure that they port their priority dates and hence if say all the EB3 people from 2003 convert to EB2 and successfully port their dates it will definitely push the dates south of 2003. Did I make sense???
girlfriend cute anime couples in love.
gclabor07
10-19 09:31 PM
Folks,
I was just looking at the Obama and McCain websites just to see how they look from design standpoint (I'm a UI designer by profession). I happened to read their views on Immigration. I was surprised to see that Obama's views were extremely vague and offered no solutions to retain or encourage highly skilled immigrant workers. McCain on the other hand has section on highly skilled immigrant workers and talks about retaining them after US education, H1B cap reform, greencard increase to reflect demand etc.
If you are curious, see for yourself.
Obama on Immigration:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/immigration/
McCain on Immigration:
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/68db8157-d301-4e22-baf7-a70dd8416efa.htm
Not that any of us are allowed to vote or our opinions matter to these politicians, I thought this presents an interesting comparison.
Thx.
I was just looking at the Obama and McCain websites just to see how they look from design standpoint (I'm a UI designer by profession). I happened to read their views on Immigration. I was surprised to see that Obama's views were extremely vague and offered no solutions to retain or encourage highly skilled immigrant workers. McCain on the other hand has section on highly skilled immigrant workers and talks about retaining them after US education, H1B cap reform, greencard increase to reflect demand etc.
If you are curious, see for yourself.
Obama on Immigration:
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/immigration/
McCain on Immigration:
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/68db8157-d301-4e22-baf7-a70dd8416efa.htm
Not that any of us are allowed to vote or our opinions matter to these politicians, I thought this presents an interesting comparison.
Thx.
hairstyles chibi anime couples hugging.
485Mbe4001
09-11 11:58 AM
wow..they resume discussions on sept 18th?
Here is the info from NumbersUSA:
Vote on Foreign-Worker Bills Postponed Amid Growing Opposition
Updated Thursday, September 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
The House Judiciary Committee yesterday postponed consideration of bills containing massive foreign worker increases (H.R. 5882 and H.R. 5924) after the committee's debate stalled during discussions on the armed forces amnesty bill (H.R. 6020). The committee is expected to resume consideration of all three bills on September 18
Here is the info from NumbersUSA:
Vote on Foreign-Worker Bills Postponed Amid Growing Opposition
Updated Thursday, September 11, 2008, 10:00 AM
The House Judiciary Committee yesterday postponed consideration of bills containing massive foreign worker increases (H.R. 5882 and H.R. 5924) after the committee's debate stalled during discussions on the armed forces amnesty bill (H.R. 6020). The committee is expected to resume consideration of all three bills on September 18
abd
09-23 12:20 PM
Just when i was wondering that we will have to wait till OCt 1 when new visa are avialable... I saw your message... If i was you i will wait too for next 5/6 days you have till oct to respond.
Does that mean there is still hope that we may see some activity on the cases who have responsed to RFEs or we have to wait till OCt 1 Chewing our nails?
We got approval email for myself + spouse and daughter today. I had waited for this since 2002. :)
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
On September 23, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.
If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
Does that mean there is still hope that we may see some activity on the cases who have responsed to RFEs or we have to wait till OCt 1 Chewing our nails?
We got approval email for myself + spouse and daughter today. I had waited for this since 2002. :)
Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production
On September 23, 2010, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
This step applies to applications that result in an applicant receiving a card (such as a "green card") or other document (such as a naturalization certificate, employment authorization document, travel document, or advance parole). Applications will be in this step from the time the order to produce the card/document is given until the card/document is produced and mailed to the applicant. You can expect to receive your card/document within 30 days of the approval of your application.
If you do not receive your document, please contact our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.
leoindiano
03-17 09:59 AM
Substitute labors for EB2 should not IMPACT the delay more than 3 to 6 months. The reason is total EB2 labor india cases approved with PD in 2004 itself is 3500(Straight out of DOL database, published on this forum last year). Some of these cases may have been substituted, worst case, lets say 100% of them applied to I-485. Now the number is 3 times that of 3500. that is 10500(including spouse and 1 child on average).
Another thing you need to consider is If anycase had a PD before sept 2004 and was filed for I-485 before July 2007. That must have got the approval unless there was a namecheck delay.
That should reduce the number to half., 5500(including dependent cases). This is my educated guess, Please dont pick on me. It wont help anybody.
Below are 3 categories left in 2004 as per my analysis....
1) the applications filed in or after july 2007 OR
2) applications had a PD after sept 2004
3) Namecheck delayed cases.
Another thing you need to consider is If anycase had a PD before sept 2004 and was filed for I-485 before July 2007. That must have got the approval unless there was a namecheck delay.
That should reduce the number to half., 5500(including dependent cases). This is my educated guess, Please dont pick on me. It wont help anybody.
Below are 3 categories left in 2004 as per my analysis....
1) the applications filed in or after july 2007 OR
2) applications had a PD after sept 2004
3) Namecheck delayed cases.