Wednesday, June 18, 2008



Just voted as People magazine’s Hottest Bachelor, fitness buff Mario Lopez has a shocking confession to make. “I was a chubby baby. I looked like a sumo wrestler. My mom had to pull the folds apart when she bathed me!”

The exercise guru, who’s recently single following his split with Karina Smirnoff, says that a full slate of projects has kept him off the dating market - but that hasn’t completely stopped him from thinking about dating.

“I like a girl who’s from a modest sort of upbringing, because it’s more relatable,” he says, explaining what he looks for in a potential girlfriend.

“I’m a first-generation American. My parents [Elvia and Mario Sr.] emigrated from Mexico and live in the same house I grew up in Chula Vista, California. I’d feel weird if the girl was a little too uppity or affluent, because I’m a very down-home kind of guy,” tells Mario.

And for the lucky ladies who do manage to land a date, expect to be flexible.

“I like to go to a place in Korea town in L.A. where they have private karaoke,” he says of his favorite date activity. “It’s a great place to bring a girl and see how she reacts. If she rolls with the punches and has a good time, then I’m like, ‘All right, this girl is cool!’”

The Hottest Bachelor Mario Lopez is out promoting his new book titled "Mario Lopez's Knockout Fitness" in New York.

Popular Posts